Home

Madden NFL 09: WR Position Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09: WR Position Analysis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 09: WR Position Analysis

Richard Chavez is back this week to take a look at the wide receivers in Madden NFL 09. Be sure to check out his WR Position Analysis and also be sure to vote on which position you'd like to see covered next week!

Quote:
"The guys at EA usually get their ratings largely correct but, every year there are some suspect ratings that drive people nuts. I will be taking a look at the wide receivers you’ll be throwing to in August in this week's article. You’ll see which ratings are downright suspect and which wide receivers you’ll get ready to exploit online."

Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
With the guys that you mentioned as getting hosed my only question is this. Since when did a 85 or an 88 be a bad rating? I think that the problem with the madden ratings is more players are over reated than under rated. For example Hester might be a 99 or even a 100 as a returner but isn't he gonna be the bears #1 Receiver? That means double teams and saftey help. He is more like a 76 or 78 as a WR. IMHO

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-12-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
I also like to see what they did with Wards run blk rating, something no one has ever gotten right.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sometimes ratings really blow my mind. Honestly, I do not believe that any overall rating for ANY player in ANY sport should be over a 95, besides maybe Tiger in his own game. Terrell Owens is a 98?!?! WTF!! Saying that someone is a 99 overall means they are quite next to perfect! Thats not true at all. No athlete is perfect. Peyton does throw interceptions, Kobe does miss jumpers, A-Rod does pop-out every once and a while, and Tiger does not drive in the fairway everytime. I think that ratings people for EA and 2K need to step back and thing about what the numbers the enter really do proclude. In all honesty, the ratings in the FIFA 08 are the best set of ratings I've ever seen in a game. There highest rating is a 90.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
I agree on Holmes. He should be at least a 93, whatever that really means. He is the best WR on the team. Hines Ward should be happy because this is the highest rating he will have from now on.

Hester is rated purely on Hype. Given that he doesnt have a QB to throw to him, his 'rating' will not likely go up next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 25
I don't agree with Smith being rated too high. I think Reggie Wayne may be rated too low, but Smith is a top 3-5 NFL receiver stuck on a power running team with some of the saddest QB play I've ever seen in my life. They just simply do not give him the ball, when they do he makes incredible things happen, but John Fox and his staff don't seem to understand that giving the ball to your best player will actually help your team win. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch the Panther's offense try to make a first down.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Hester's rating is fine..Read the reports. He hasn't dropped a ball- and everyone thinks he is progressing very fast.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where the hell is Eagles WR Kevin Curtis on the "Hosed" list??? He's rated as an 85 I believe he should be an 88 or 89.

The man caught 77 balls for over 1100 yards & 8td's (6 recieving & 2 on fumble recoveries) last year!!

& by the way Berrian is ranked as he should be he's shouldn't be on the "hosed" list. he's overrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »