Home

Madden 09 MLB ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 09 MLB ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 09 MLB ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
Willis does have great speed. In fact, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I remember him running down a RB from Arizona and stopping him before he could get into the end zone.
He ran down Sean Morey, a WR, who is pretty slow.

Willis is fast for a LB and that was a great play, nothing mindblowing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #26
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Barrett Ruud should be rated higher judging by what he did last year. Around a 92 or 93 in my opinion.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

Shoot, at this rate, in Madden 2011, everybody's starting LBs are going to be in the 90s........
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 06-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
He played OLB most of last year.
Like I said, because of key injuries the Cards were forced to go back to playing a 4-3 setup (more like 5-2 lineup). He started off as our will inside linebacker and will begin this season at the same position.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Shoot, at this rate, in Madden 2011, everybody's starting LBs are going to be in the 90s........
They might need to be depending on how the break tackle animations work. Someone is probably going to find something and truck even the high rated guys now. I wouldn't be surprised if backs like Jacobs or some other power back is highly favorable.

Besides I don't know why people are upset with LB ratings. Not like it is going to matter due to suction blocking and stupid pancakes.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
For one thing, Im not knocking Willis, I think he is one of the best in the game.

I just think for a 2nd year player, 96 is too high. Willis still has holes in his game. Not glaring ones, but ones you expect our of any young player. Tackles arent a good judge of how good a player is. Thats like judging a corner based on how many INTs he has. Like people saying Cromartie is a top 5 corner because he had 10 INTs this year, when in fact, Cromartie isnt a top 10 corner (yet) or even the best corner on his own team.

Willis has alot of room to grow and when he does, he will be one, if not the best defensive player in this league. Giving him a 96 now pretty much makes him elite, which he isnt quite at yet.
Willis was arguably the best LB in the NFL at the end of the season last year. Adrian Peterson is a 2nd year player rated 96OVR and I don't see anyone saying his rating is too hight. Saying Willis isn't elite is wrong IMO. Someone who had seen him play often last year wouldn't be saying that so I'll just take it that you didn't see Willis play much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »