Home

Full game w/ EA Designers (Colts vs. Vikings)

This is a discussion on Full game w/ EA Designers (Colts vs. Vikings) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Full game w/ EA Designers (Colts vs. Vikings)

Quote:
To the mods - this is the same guy that started the pass animation thread that won't answer any of my requests for more info...which leads me to believe he's just here to troll. Anything we can do?
Someone already clarified what I was talking about in that last thread. (It was the Qb leg kick question)
and why cant I express how I fell about the video, I dont like the commentary (Tom Hammond sounds choppy) or the presentation (crowd ect...)!

Last edited by jdr4693; 06-15-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #74
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

When you look at the bigger picture, I feel that this generation of Madden was in the wrong hands for the past 3 years. I think there are a lot of flaws inherent in the engine as a whole. I believe Ian and the guys CAN get this game where it needs to be by the end of this console lifespan, but what has me really excited is the future if they can continue this level of interaction with the community Madden will definitely return to greatness someday.

Cdon
Old 06-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Someone already clarified what I was talking about in that last thread. (It was the Qb leg kick question)
and why cant I express how I fell about the video, I dont like the commentary (Tom Hammond sounds choppy) or the presentation (crowd ect...)!
I just don't see where the improvements are marginal from radio guy to Collinsworth. Also, I feel that 09 at this stage is much better than 08 and a positive step in the right direction.

I can tune out Hammond and listen to Collinsworth color commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

The good:

1. Commentary is better

2. I like the new look

3. Animations are better...

The bad:

1. ...but the animations are nowhere close to being perfect

2. Players still look look like robots

3. Too many times players went in a direction that seemed to defy the laws of momentum... extremely annoying

4. The spin move... it seems like it can be easily used as a cheap way to change directions. Instead of actually planting, it seems like you can just spin to change which way you're running, which is possible in real life, but you just never see it (noticed this on the Vikings' first play of their drive to start the second quarter on the Adrian run). It's been in past versions of the game and it has always annoyed me. Not sure if it's just me though.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 10

I purposely have not read the other pros and cons in this thread as I did not want mine to be influenced before I watched the video. After watching the 1st half, here are my immediate pros and cons:

Pros:
  1. The field seems more open and the gameplay at a more manageable speed. The past couple years, things seemed to happen so fast and kinda all "smushed together" so it made following the play in detail a bit of a challenge. Especially in running game.
  2. The screen play with 2:45 left in 2nd quarter was very nicely laid out. The RB was able to catch the ball, turn, and make something happen. The hit at the end of the play out of bounds was pretty nice, too.
  3. The various angles shown both before and after the play is a nice touch.
  4. We saw the beginning of at least a half time summary by Madden-good.
  5. Collinsworth commentary-nice.
  6. Drastic reduction in the "fire in the hole" bodies flying backwards after their big toe is touched. THANK YOU!!!
  7. Sideline players no longer look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Cons:
  1. ZERO AUTO REPLAYS!!! THAT JUST CANNOT BE, GUYS. Colts score a TD, nothing. Vikings TD, nothing. First downs, nothing. C'mon-is this hard to do from a development perspective?? Give us, by default, a crapload of auto replays...we can always hit A to bypass the replay if we wish. Maybe next year a Replay Frequency slider, but you gotta do something this year and give us our auto replays in full screen.
  2. ZERO PENALTIES in the first half. Unacceptable. Enough said there.
  3. Too many tackles where the RB is stood straight up and sent backwards. I would submit that most of the time, an NFL RB is going to dive/push/drive/squirm/plow forward for an extra yard or two versus being stood up this many times and driven straight backwards.
  4. Tom Hammond play by play-like he's giving a eulogy. Sounds too programmed, unnatural. Collinsworth very fluid, but not Hammond.
Thanks again for hanging out with us over here and being willing to hear the bad with the good. Much appreciated.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 33

I think because its head to head theres no replays. I think when its Human vs CPU there'll be more replays. I may be wrong though.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:26 AM   #79
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

i think its just a lot of little things that madden need to fix including little things to add animation wise for it to be truly consider a next gen game imo..graphically its there but its missing so much..NBA2K8 and MLB08 even APF had a lot of little things that enhanced the gameplay and made it more realistic..madden is heading in the right direction tho..and 09 is looking to be a good football game..i just feel that its not where it needs to be
Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 AM   #80
Pro

Quote:
i think its just a lot of little things that madden need to fix including little things to add animation wise for it to be truly consider a next gen game imo..graphically its there but its missing so much..NBA2K8 and MLB08 even APF had a lot of little things that enhanced the gameplay and made it more realistic..madden is heading in the right direction tho..and 09 is looking to be a good football game..i just feel that its not where it needs to be
I think MLB 08 the show, has done the best job presentation wise compared to any game to date.Im hoping madden can get to where mlb 08 the show is in presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »