Home

Trade Future Draft Picks?

This is a discussion on Trade Future Draft Picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Trade Future Draft Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1619
I hate to beat a dead horse, but this issue was in the very early madden PS2 versions, correct? It may have even been in the late PS1 versions I can't remember. Even though I am looking forward to this game, I still can't believe how far forward we have come, yet how far backwards we have come at the same time. The saying one step forward and two steps back really applies here. Hopefully future versions can take us back there, I see a lot of promise with a lot of little things with EA sports football titles this year.
No, you've never been able to trade future draft picks in a Madden game. However, it's always been a feature in the NFL 2K series.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this is an important part of a football sim.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 14

My bad, maybe I was thinking current years draft picks and got mixed up.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Another vote for the ability to trade futre draft picks. And the game should ship with accurate draft positions for at least the next season - the Browns not having a #1 in 2009 for example.

Instead of the typical "priority" answer, I'd like to hear specifically what features beat this out. Whoever would have worked on this, what did they do instead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Another vote for the ability to trade futre draft picks. And the game should ship with accurate draft positions for at least the next season - the Browns not having a #1 in 2009 for example.

Instead of the typical "priority" answer, I'd like to hear specifically what features beat this out. Whoever would have worked on this, what did they do instead?
I find it funny what he says in your SIG but we cant trade future draft picks and no computer/computer trades...NBA 2k5 had all this stuff
Old 06-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigsexy9
I find it funny what he says in your SIG but we cant trade future draft picks and no computer/computer trades...NBA 2k5 had all this stuff
To be fair, that quote is only a few weeks old. Let's see what happens going forward.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Despite being the biggest selling point of the game, Madden chooses to let franchise mode be average at best. They didnt pay much attention to it last year, and since they havent addressed it much for 09, it obvious they arent putting their best foot forward yet again.

Sad really, considering the power of the next gen console how ridiculously awesome franchise mode could be.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Despite being the biggest selling point of the game, Madden chooses to let franchise mode be average at best. They didnt pay much attention to it last year, and since they havent addressed it much for 09, it obvious they arent putting their best foot forward yet again.

Sad really, considering the power of the next gen console how ridiculously awesome franchise mode could be.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Not everyone thinks like us!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
I said it before and I'll say it again. Not everyone thinks like us!
Well they should.
R.I.P. #21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »