Home

You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't

This is a discussion on You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #49
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
you cant be mad at people who feel the game isnt where they feel it should be..its not hating or being a fanboy..because at the end of the day those people have to pay their $59.99 for it..all these lil things do make the game more realistic imo because they actually happen when you watch broadcast football games.
The highlighted portion is the only point I can't agree with. I think the reason people get frustrated with over the top angry people is because you DO NOT have to pay for anything. Given Madden's track record on next gen systems, I played 08 for awhile and read multiple user and "professional" reviews before I spent my money. I was fortunate not to run into some of the freezing/player disappearing things by the time I actually purchased the game (at a discount). Shop smart...just my opinion
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #50
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I honestly don't know. I think, as is common in most groups, there were some accurate and some inaccurate reviews by the community leaders. I also think that strong reactions to posts are so prevalent because it can be difficult to condense a full thought into a few words and most people don't want to read or write a book to get their points across...making it impossible to interpret intent sometimes.

...That's the "Great Forum Theory" from your friendly Sox Fan...lol
I agree,but there's ways of getting your point across without resorting to name calling.
To me it shows immaturity,that the only way known is to call somebody names......hell,that's grade school garbage.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #51
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I agree,but there's ways of getting your point across without resorting to name calling.
To me it shows immaturity,that the only way known is to call somebody names......hell,that's grade school garbage.
True enough...

...how sad are we? Debating other people's arguments...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #52
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
True enough...

...how sad are we? Debating other people's arguments...lol
LOL....I just thought about that...I'm done.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #53
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

If we are going to resort to Name calling...I can close this up right now. If you want to continue this thread with Civilized debate and communication, then it will stay open.

Drop the attitudes and name calling, c'mom guy's!

1. it's a game
2. We are adults
3. These are just peoples opinions ( express them and except in a civil manner )

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-17-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 8

Precious memories.

You guys take this stuff way, way too seriously.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
That's the issue I have. If you're going to report back as a community leader,expect the good WITH the bad.
If a community leader is going to get THIS bent out of shape,to resort to name calling.....that's just ridiculous and childish (imo)
As a side note......was Pared REALLY off in his comment?
Before responding to the above as civilly as possible, I wish to apologize to anyone who felt that my previous response was out-of-bounds. I do not have any problem with people who disagree with anything I have written - until such time as the disagreement is not based in fact or difference of opinion, but instead swerves into unsubstantiated personal attacks. I ordinarily do not respond at all to such threads - and will henceforth resume that stance upon completion of this reply. However, if you are among those who did find offense in the earlier comments, I humbly apologize for darkening your day.

1) Reporting impressions and reviews does NOT give free license to anyone to then turn around and reference such an act as that of "pimping"...call it wrong, dispute its conclusions, offer examples that invalidate its claims or thoughts, but don't just accuse the writer of ulterior motives in pejorative terms.

Standards of decency do not stop the minute someone is identified as any particular role, whether that role be producer, publisher, moderator or community leader.

2) Making excessively verbose posts and lengthy comments is what I DO! I have done nothing in the past if not show a propensity for sitting down at a keyboard and digitally vomiting out 1000 word opuses that most people stop reading by the 3rd paragraph. I have been doing it for years, so to consider today's post an anomaly, or evidence of me being bent out of shape is also a touch disingenuous. Its just the same as what I always have done with a couple of potentially poorly chosen words...for which I withdraw any malice as being poorly thought out and sent without regard to the way they would be perceived.

3) Yes, Pared WAS off-base with his initial comments - and while that alone does not excuse my response or choice of words in said response- it also does not make him any closer to right or on-target in his comments in the first place. Simply stated, I find it wrong to be referred to or referenced as a "pimp" and if you do not then we simply disagree on civil discourse.

Anything else from me would be counterproductive anyway, so I will not prolong this further...again, for those who found my earlier post offensive or overly reliant on poorly chosen words, I do apologize for that aspect of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #56
EA Game Changer

ShopMaster's Arena

OVR: 9

Moos, I actually think this is one of the shortest posts you have ever written .... lol
http://www.mymaddenpad.com
Follow Me on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Shopmaster

MyGamerPad.com | MyMaddenPad.com | MyNBALivePad.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »