Home

What do you think of context-sensitive button commands

This is a discussion on What do you think of context-sensitive button commands within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
What do you think of context-sensitive button commands

Other gameplay changes we've seen include a new set of context-sensitive button commands intended to guide the player towards making the right play in any given situation. If you have Jared Allen coming off the line, the game will prompt you to hit the left button to perform a finesse move, hurdling over a lineman or spinning around him to get to the quarterback. Halfbacks will be told when to sprint, but when a defender comes in, you'll be told whether to try for a trucking move with the hit stick or to press a different button in order to spin or juke your way to daylight. It's a nice way to show players what moves work best in certain situations, but it may also feel like it's too much hand-holding for Madden veterans.

and I don't think you can turn it off. What a bummer. I am not 15 years old I don't want nor need this. What is ea thinking, I would much rather have sliders that work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: What do you think of context-sensitive button commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Other gameplay changes we've seen include a new set of context-sensitive button commands intended to guide the player towards making the right play in any given situation. If you have Jared Allen coming off the line, the game will prompt you to hit the left button to perform a finesse move, hurdling over a lineman or spinning around him to get to the quarterback. Halfbacks will be told when to sprint, but when a defender comes in, you'll be told whether to try for a trucking move with the hit stick or to press a different button in order to spin or juke your way to daylight. It's a nice way to show players what moves work best in certain situations, but it may also feel like it's too much hand-holding for Madden veterans.

and I don't think you can turn it off. What a bummer. I am not 15 years old I don't want nor need this. What is ea thinking, I would much rather have sliders that work.
First...where did you read this?

Second...you CAN turn this off.

I guess the good thing about always assuming the worst is that you can be pleasantly surprised?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

I guess the good thing about always assuming the worst is that you can be pleasantly surprised?

ha.....im not the only one up at 6am today!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
ha.....im not the only one up at 6am today!
Dog woke me up - my brain's racing with a few ideas I wanted to get written down - couldn't fall back asleep.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

I think it is a good idea for a learning type tool, for someone who isn't familiar with the game or controls. Just don't make it so it has to be used, especially on the higher difficulty settings.

XBL: Lordcledus

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

The preview over at GameSpy.com mentioned the context senstive buttons.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Good thing for EA pressence. This would have been ugly.

It sounds like a good teaching tool. I'd like to see stuff like that in a fleshed out practice mode. I think teaching the game & better use of difficulty level is much better than forcing "fun factor" on those looking for a football game.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

WORST IDEA EVER!!!!

Leave the QTE's to God of war and Resident Evil 4....

Im not a baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »