Home

What new QB ratings would you like to see..

This is a discussion on What new QB ratings would you like to see.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What new QB ratings would you like to see..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It'd change "Throwing" to "Passing" to start with:P

PAS: Pass accuracy short
PAM: Pass accuracy medium
PAL: Pass Accuracy long
PRG: Passing Range
PSV: Passing Velocity
PRS: Passing release Speed
PTC: Passing technique (Ability to throw in odd positions... off back foot, while being hit)
PTH: Passing touch (low touch means you have to tap it REALLY quick to get a lob)
FWK: Footwork (speed of dropback/moving around in the pocket, transition from QB to running stance)
LDR: Leadership (makes players play a bit better in clutch situations)
RAW: Rush awareness

damn it, gotta run, be back to finish in a while.
I cosign on these, except rush awareness could be changed to pocket presence, and leadership and clutch should be split into two ratings. Before the Colts won the Super Bowl, Peyton's clutch would've been at about 85-90, yet his leadership would've been 90-95. He was a good leader for the Colts, but he couldn't get it done under intense pressure. Now this has all changed, but that was an example. Another example is David Tyree. I'm not saying he deserves 99 clutch for one catch, far from it, but one can easily say that Tyree is more of a clutch player than a leader. The only problem with a clutch rating is that some guys come out of nowhere to step it up, so the clutch rating should be flexible.

EDIT: he leadership and clutch ratings should be applicable to all positions.

Last edited by tonynyy; 06-20-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
If it isn't already in, I would like to see QB ratings for indoor and outdoor games. For example, Favre was great outdoors, but terrible in places like Minnesota and Detroit.
I disagree. That would make too much of a disadvantage. He wasn't as good indoors but he still won games! There definitely needs to be a chemistry rating between QBs and WRs. I hate throwing the ball and the psychic WR without looking catches it without looking no matter when I do it.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I think we should add:

IAV: Interception Avoidance. This is the ability to throw to a covered receiver and place the ball where only your receiver (or nobody) can catch it.

Ian said for 09 they tweaked the default accuracy so that QBs try to throw away from the defender which is great. Now we need a rating to differentiate the good ones from the bad ones.

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 06-20-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I think we should add:

IAV: Interception Avoidance. This is the ability to throw to a covered receiver and place the ball where only your receiver (or nobody) can catch it.
That would be nice too. It would be like a X factor, they needed that for Favre.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It'd change "Throwing" to "Passing" to start with:P

PAS: Pass accuracy short
PAM: Pass accuracy medium
PAL: Pass Accuracy long
PRG: Passing Range
PSV: Passing Velocity
PRS: Passing release Speed
PTC: Passing technique (Ability to throw in odd positions... off back foot, while being hit)
PTH: Passing touch (low touch means you have to tap it REALLY quick to get a lob)
FWK: Footwork (speed of dropback/moving around in the pocket, transition from QB to running stance)
LDR: Leadership (makes players play a bit better in clutch situations)
RAW: Rush awareness
PUP: Pass Under Pressure
POR: Pass on the Run
^^^^^^
Added a few more to my original list
Old 06-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm no ratings guru nor do I get caught up in them. But perhaps these ratings can enhance the passing game (though all of these have been mentioned already):

-Throwing Accuracy Short
-Throwing Accuracy Medium
-Throwing Accuracy Long

^^ These are important. Simply having one accuracy makes the QB accurate for all spots on the field and that's often not the case

-Composure

^^ I elaborated on this in the QB Awareness thread. But, composure needs to fluctuate depending on the QB's performance in-game. NCAA 09 is already laying down a foundation for this and Madden can perfect it next year. On my wishlists this past year, I was asking for a feature like this for QB's. IRL, how often have you seen your team's QB throw some bad passes early and witness it set the tone for the rest of the game? Often right? I think this is the aspect that QB composure captures. From playing the NCAA 09 demo, I like the little mini game. I just wish they had like a clever cutscene to go with it (QB talking it over with a coordinator or something).
Old 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Rookie

Here's my list:

Throw accuracy short (TAS)
Throw accuracy intermediate (TAI)
Throw accuracy long (TAL)
Throw velocity (THV)
Throw touch (THT)
Throw range (THR)
Throw technique (TEC)
Footwork (FTW) lol
Clutch (CLT)
Leadership (LED)

Composure should be added, but it should fluctuate throughout a game based on clutch, leadership and naturally, performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

i know it was mentioned but PA Play Action should be a rating for QBs. Some QBs can sell it very well and some don't do a convincing PA at all. Now this won't mean that the Defense will bite every time on a QB who has good PA nor does it mean the defense will never bite on a QB who has bad PA. This will still factor in the Defensive players ratings and how successful your run game has been.

I remember watching the Joey Harrington years in detroit (most times involved me crying). Every time he ran a PA he would hold the ball out there with a completely straight arm like no defenders would notice he never handed the thing off lol. It was very sad. His PA rating would probably need to be negative to affect the game properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »