Home

Created Plays / Playbooks Online

This is a discussion on Created Plays / Playbooks Online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Created Plays / Playbooks Online

So I guess NHL 09 allows users to create offensive and defensive plays for use offline AND online.

Apparently, EA reps stated at the Madden community day that MS would not allow the online customization of playbooks ... yet I'm highly skeptical of the truthfulness of that statement.

Now that we know EA is bringing this to NHL 09, when do you think we will finally see this in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Created Plays / Playbooks Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
So I guess NHL 09 allows users to create offensive and defensive plays for use offline AND online.

Apparently, EA reps stated at the Madden community day that MS would not allow the online customization of playbooks ... yet I'm highly skeptical of the truthfulness of that statement.

Now that we know EA is bringing this to NHL 09, when do you think we will finally see this in Madden?
In NHL 09 can those created plays be used in rank game? That was the suppose issue..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

It'd be nice to have the ability to create our own playbook from plays already in the other teams playbooks to use online but, if we're allowed to use our own user made plays online then you're just asking for a new breed of cheese to be unleashed
Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

No....NHL right now OWNS Madden (and just about every other EA title for that matter)....its just a better overall package and the options and functionality of the online offering for NHL versus Madden is an unfair fight until such time as Madden actually starts to give a damn about online functionality and options to enhance the mode...

Cold hard economics baby....the number of people who WANT that stuff on NHL is a greater percentage of the total than the same percentage on Madden...unless the calculus changes, the fact is that games like FIFA and NHL will continue to rise up (especially in terms of online interactivity and utility) while Madden and NCAA tread water.

Look no further than the lack of web support for online Dynasty or online Leagues to see this writ large once more in the 2009 games...
Old 06-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

You know I thought about this after you posted earlier and I said something is not right in the explanation as to why. I mean just the previous year All Pro Football was basically built off of custom playbooks and create a player for both ranked/unranked online games. So, like you, I'm not sure I buy the reasoning that it's MS's "fault" or MS and Sony are the reason not when that other football game is based around that very thing. You didn't have to have the "same plays" or the "same players" for ranked or unranked games. Create a player however, you want; all playbooks were customized. Mehhh, it's whatever though LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
user made plays online then you're just asking for a new breed of cheese to be unleashed
Yep online play is already bad enough this will almost make online play unplayable.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 06-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I'd def love to see custon online playbooks if for anything just unranked games. But created plays i'd be totally against for online period.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
It'd be nice to have the ability to create our own playbook from plays already in the other teams playbooks to use online but, if we're allowed to use our own user made plays online then you're just asking for a new breed of cheese to be unleashed
I'm looking for custom playbooks at the very least. I don't see ANY downside to having those. In fact, I think it will make cheesy offenses easier to stop because you'll be able to grab a situational defense from any playbook and add it to your custom book without being forced to change your entire playbook.

I understand the fear with create-a-play being online and I agree that it could be susceptible to abuse. If they implement it the right way, maybe they can avoid the downside. I would hope that created plays would be tied to the formations already on the game, so that you wouldn't be able to exploit AI deficiencies through creating alignment issues.

But yeah, I really want custom books and I can definitely live without created plays.

My reason for creating this thread was also to discuss the validity of the reasoning we've heard from EA/Madden for not allowing custom books online. I don't agree with or believe what we've been told on that issue, especially now that we have confirmation that other EA games are allowing playbook/play customization online.

Last edited by Deltron; 06-25-2008 at 05:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »