Home

Madden 09 360 Achievements List

This is a discussion on Madden 09 360 Achievements List within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #9
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 09 360 Achievements List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphsundin
I've always felt a bit dissed at the huge lack of franchise achievements. Most of these are stupid arcade-like achievements that shouldnt be possible in a 'sim' football game. 12 sacks? 60 points? Come on now.

Achievements should be things like winning the superbowl, sending 6+ players to the pro bowl in one season, winning the MVP, leading the league in rushing. Those are real achievements...
I have to agree with you there. It seems Madden's achievements have been more geared towards an arcade style of football over the past few years. Scoring 60 points in a game ? When was the last time a team scored 60 points in an NFL game ? The team specific ones are pointless too ... Really what should have happened with the achievements was having them more franchise and online oriented. For example what happened to winning a division crown or conference crown ? Winning the Super Bowl ? Winning the pro bowl ? Maybe a draft based achievement like having the best draft class for the draft in franchise mode ? How about breaking NFL single season records like passing, rushing, receiving TD's. They could've also had achievements for leading the league in tackles, FF, FR and INTs but, they didn't. The achivement I'd like to see implemented in Madden is an online one. Win an online ranked game with every NFL team. It's not as easy as it sounds and should have been included from the get go. Just some ideas.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #10
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Honestly, let them have cheesy arcadish achievements. The people that play games just to get achievements aren't the people that play Madden for realism anyway. If this game gives us a playable, realistic football experience, I couldn't give a flying squirrel about whether or not I get any gamerpoints and/or trophies out of it.

Most games have outlandish and weird achievements. That's how it is. I'll admit I don't play as many games as a lot of people, but the only game on the 360 that I've played and actually gotten *all* the points on is Oblivion (actually I got 990 because I stumbled into a glitch that forced me to skip a quest, but close enough), because those unlock gradually as you finish the story lines and you don't actually have to try do get them, you just play the game.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
Scoring 60 points in a game ? When was the last time a team scored 60 points in an NFL game ?
Quite a few teams have actually gotten very close recently.

Philly put up 56 on Detroit in 07. New England put up 56 on Buffalo, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

These achievements are pretty bad. I'm sure someone at EA can be a lot more creative with Madden achievements. They're practically the same things every year.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

And in most of those games, the team could keep going, but the tend to throttle down late.

A lot of Madden players don't.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

This is very true. I'm just saying why not make more creative, challenging and interesting achievements for Madden vs. something that favors an arcade style gamer every year.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
This is very true. I'm just saying why not make more creative, challenging and interesting achievements for Madden vs. something that favors an arcade style gamer every year.
I agree. And you're right... some of them are just absurd.

I'd like to see more stuff in dynasty... like you said... lead the league in this or that... win MVP... win OROY... etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Madden 09 360 Achievements List

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Don't forget, the Dolphins were the worst team in the league last season

and that was true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »