Home

Quarterback to receiver chemistry and go to guys.

This is a discussion on Quarterback to receiver chemistry and go to guys. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Quarterback to receiver chemistry and go to guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
What about receivers and quarterbacks that develop an immediate chemistry? Brady and Moss, for example. Arguably the best single-season QB-WR duo in history, definitely the best in their first year ever. How would a system like the one you're proposing allow for this?

Your idea is a good one. Number of years that players have played together should impact this (Manning to Harrison comes to mind), as well as success together. So maybe there could be a chemistry measurement as well as a confidence measurement... chemistry is difficult to change while confidence is easy to change. For example - the chemistry between McNabb and Owens was terrible, but McNabb was obviously confident that T.O. would make the big play because he's obviously talented.

I guess what we need is some kind of a 'temperament' stat, where someone can be 'egotistical', 'team player', 'leader', 'emotional', etc. Certain temperaments would form good chemistry with other types. Coaches could also have this kind of attribute - a players coach may get along better with a no-nonsense, fit-in or get-out type of coach. This may allow the kind of chemistry you're talking about.

It might be years before we see something like this. But it should be implemented. After all, if it's in the game, isn't it supposed to be in the game? Sigh.
Your right, you can't arbitrarily make a player bad because he's on a new team. It could probably be related to team or coach leadership. Another aspect is how smart the player is. I've heard many times that Randy Moss is one of the smartest wide receivers in the league. I'm sure this is a big reason he played so well from day one. The other aspect is Tom Brady and his leadership.

I recall a great idea a while back by someone who said players should have a general football aptitude rating. It would control how smart a player is in general and how well he could adjust to new positions, like switching a CB to FS. I think this same rating could be used to determine how well a player adjusts to a new team. It could even be a hidden rating so that you wouldn't know how well a new player would fit into your team.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Quarterback to receiver chemistry and go to guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Your right, you can't arbitrarily make a player bad because he's on a new team. It could probably be related to team or coach leadership. Another aspect is how smart the player is. I've heard many times that Randy Moss is one of the smartest wide receivers in the league. I'm sure this is a big reason he played so well from day one. The other aspect is Tom Brady and his leadership.

I recall a great idea a while back by someone who said players should have a general football aptitude rating. It would control how smart a player is in general and how well he could adjust to new positions, like switching a CB to FS. I think this same rating could be used to determine how well a player adjusts to a new team. It could even be a hidden rating so that you wouldn't know how well a new player would fit into your team.
Bingo!
Spot on.

The players need a Knowledge rating, how well do they understand the game of football. How about an Experience rating? For the guys that have played the game longer then others. I can come up with a rating for everything just about and the list would get so long that we would hate trying figure out if the player is any good or not. And at some point the ratings do infridge upon one another. I just think adding ratings and tampering with them is a slippy slope...and I just wrote about a idea for a system that adds a slight temporary ratings boost so I have to be the biggest loudmouth who has no idea what he's talking about in the room...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »