Home

First trade you'll make in your franchise?

This is a discussion on First trade you'll make in your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: First trade you'll make in your franchise?

I'll probably start a franchise when I first get the game and probably make some trades until the first roster update comes out and then start a franchise with the most updated rosters.

As far as trades for my Eagles...I might look to dangle Tra Thomas for a top flight WR...

Tra Thomas
Hank Baskett

for

Roy Williams or Chad Johnson (something along those lines if it will work, might throw in a draft pick)
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Redskins:

Make a trade to replace Schiewgert/Doughty (whoever the starter is).

Then work on OL/DL/LB in the draft.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I won't because there's a lot of young talent on offense. (Kevin Smith, CJ, Roy, young lineman.) and there's a few new players on D that i want to see work out. Plus a few studs in Ernie Sims and Corey Redding (good enough that we traded Shaun Rogers). I'll build in the draft. MAy trade some backups for picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always sim the first season of my franchise, so if I do trade anyone it would be Derek Anderson after the first season.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
I'll probably start a franchise when I first get the game and probably make some trades until the first roster update comes out and then start a franchise with the most updated rosters.

As far as trades for my Eagles...I might look to dangle Tra Thomas for a top flight WR...

Tra Thomas
Hank Baskett

for

Roy Williams or Chad Johnson (something along those lines if it will work, might throw in a draft pick)
The lions might be temped by that trade since Tra has been solid for years and rumors are that Roy wants out of Dtown and his contract is up next year. With Thomas being 33 already and a newly drafted RT the trade would probably never happen. Just giving you insight from the other side.

I would love to deal for rookie lineman Nix because I love big athletic Olineman and want a solid line for the Lions. I still think Cherilus was a reach but atleast they drafted someone to help that line. Our center Raiola needs to be replaced bad too. He is tiny and has the shortest arms I have ever seen. Every lions game all I can think of is a T-rex with those little stubs. I would love (for the sake of our power running game) to get a big C and dump that 250lb TE that snaps the ball and pulls every damn play because he is way to small to take on a DT.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

if i made any trade i would trade houshmanzedeh for some 90+ defensive lineman or CB who would possibly be around 24-27 age range.
however in the offseason all of my picks would be defensive players.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #15
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm going to use a different approach this year when it comes to my Steelers franchise. If I trade anyone at all it'll be to improve my O-Line or the depth at DE specifically. The guys I'd consider trading are

Sean Mahan C- Because he sucks and is over rated, hence the signing of Justin Hartwig.

Max Starks RT - Because he's definitly not worth 7 million per year and that cap spaced could be used elsewhere.

Larry Foote MILB - Could possibly be expendable depending on how Timmons and Woodley develope. At the same time I may keep him depending on if Farrior starts to decline significantly.

Ryan Clark FS - Possibly expenable depending on how Anthony Smith develops. The past two years Smith has been an absolute beast next to Polamalu.

The guys I want to improve on with in season training are

Anthony Smith FS
Chris Kemoeatu RG
Lawrence Timmons ROLB
LaMarr Woodley LOLB
Rashard Mendenhall HB
Dennis Dixon QB

Last edited by AftershockFx; 07-09-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'll be using Baltimore.

Might trade for Matt Jones, WR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »