Home

Regarding On-Line Leagues?

This is a discussion on Regarding On-Line Leagues? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Regarding On-Line Leagues?

Hey guys,

Im very up to date on the Madden info as I check this board an awful lot. (Great site by the way) Just have one question about on-line leagues. When your season is complete is there a draft, free agency and then another season? Or is it just season by season, with just 1 for 1 trades.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help with this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Regarding On-Line Leagues?

Just wanted to bump this one time to see if I could get an answer. If any of you on this forum, or Ian could comment on this I would really appreciate it.

Also, I am very excited for on-line leagues this year! I have been playing Madden since its inception and I love the game. I am a very SIM player, and have always relied heavily on defense to win Madden games. I am very happy I found this site where many of you are SIM players as well. I would love to join a highly competitive on-line league with you guys. If any of you are planning on starting a league and have an extra spot could you please let me know?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Regarding On-Line Leagues?

1 year and start over.

Quote:
April 29, 2008 - When it comes to sports videogames it doesn't get much bigger than the yearly release of Madden Football. Some complain it's the same game year in and year out, but that doesn't stop droves of pigskin fanatics from lining up outside of their local retailers in hopes of scoring a copy. With the announcement of Brett Favre as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 09 the ball has begun to roll heading toward the game's August release.

We recently sat down with Ryan Ferwerda and Daniel Castorani from the Design Team to get the skinny on two new features in this year's Madden: Online Leagues and the Virtual Training Center. Oh, and we also managed to snag the first ever gameplay footage for your viewing pleasure.

*Note: Since the video is of an early version of the game, Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond's commentary has yet to be implemented.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN: The words "online" and "leagues" have finally come together in one mode for Madden 09. Tell us why people should be excited about it.

Ryan Ferwerda and Daniel Castorani, Madden Design Team: First and foremost, this has been a feature that we've wanted for years and we finally felt that we had the game in a good enough place to be able to execute.

This feature is truly being built from the ground up with the help of nearly all the teams here at EA. It's something we are all really passionate about and can't wait to get into the hands of users.

That being said, we have support for up to 32 users, full player stats, player trades, a fantasy profile draft, news options and a myriad of other features.

IGN: Say I only have five friends, but still want to play in a full season with 32 teams. Is that possible with flex scheduling included?

Ferwerda and Castorani: Actually, you cannot. This was a conscious design decision by us. We decided it would be better to ensure that all teams are controlled by users which would allow for us to implement our flex scheduling. To be clear, there is not a 'set' schedule in our leagues. All schedules are flex.

IGN: We just mentioned flex scheduling, but some might not know what we're talking about. Explain why it's cool.

Ferwerda and Castorani: Flex scheduling is cool for a multitude of reasons. First off, flex scheduling is what we refer to as an 'open schedule' with no set order. What this means is that if you log online and ten members of your twenty member league are online, you can play any of your opponents that you have remaining games with. The nice thing about this is that it doesn't allow for leagues to get stale or held up waiting for others to play. If the stars align, and you have all of your opponents online, you can, in theory, knock out your entire league in one day.

IGN: Are multi-team trades allowed in an online league?

Ferwerda and Castorani: We do not allow for multi-team or multi-player trades. We made this decision for a few reasons. One, because of the flex scheduling, we have to make sure that players have played the same amount of games in order to be traded. By introducing multiple teams and multiple players, it muddies the waters quite a bit and makes it tough to get a trade done. Right now, we offer one for one trades of players that have played the same amount of games. Trades are a setting, as are the restrictions. If I have Randy Moss, play all ten games in a ten game schedule and have trades with restrictions on, I won't be able to trade him since he's played his maximum of games. If I have restrictions off, I can trade him to someone else who can use him for the remainder of their games.

Now, if users want to organize a multi-team trade, they can communicate with each other and then follow through with their plans.

IGN: Can people import their draft class and created players from NCAA Football 09 into the online league?

Ferwerda and Castorani: No, we don't support this as we don't support a rookie draft. We support the Franchise Profile Draft.

IGN: Will we be able to use altered rosters at the start of an online league or default-only?

Ferwerda and Castorani: In order to make sure leagues run as smooth as possible, we keep all rosters on the server and use the latest up to date NFL roster to start the league. Because of this, altered rosters are not supported.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/870/870503p1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 07-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Previous post is right. Only one season at a time.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
MVP

Thanks roll2tide for the response and the link! Thank you fillycheze for the confirmation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

i wanna know why they made it 10 games instead of 16?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »