Home

Tell me if I'm crazy...

This is a discussion on Tell me if I'm crazy... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Tell me if I'm crazy...

Crazy, well, that is very subjective. Let us just say that I myself have a cautious optimism for Madden. With the unprecedented levels of interaction with the developers of the game this year, I really think that it will be a fun game. And do not let all of the negative talk from some about NCAA dissuade you from trying it out yourself. I have a copy and am enjoying it immensly. Even with its flaws, it is fun to play, and, there will be patches to fix certain things, especially the rosters. On a side note, hopefully, EA will put out a Demo for Madden soon, so, we can see how the game actually plays for ourselves.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I am watching the vids of this game, and have been following it for around 4 months or so.

I am a pure 2k guy, but this game looks like it could be the best football game yet for next gen. It really looks like it is going to be special. I know every year people get pumped for NCAA and Madden...I am not one of those guys. I have never been pumped about Madden before in my life. This is the first time.

Anyone else feel like this?
same...

with producers showing up here and interacting with us actually help me get pumped for madden even more...i cant wait to play my Giants in next gen...its been a loooong time..
Old 07-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I have to say that I was very excited for Madden this year...WAS....until I played NCAA 09...How can I have confidence in EA when they just shipped a game with so many bugs and glitches. I played a game last night and there was no commentary. I tried rebooting, restarting..to no avail....That plus the roster glitch and the constant "disc unreadable" issues. I mean the list goes on...I'm still getting Madden but I'm not believing the hype any longer.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I Read how one guy said it was the same game.

That's why I asked if I was crazy because to me the game looks a lot better. The players. the way everything moves..the movement before the snap on both sides of the ball. It just looks like a different game to me.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it seems like they made some serious changes.

I think they had to. Every year this game is lackluster on next gen so far. The stadium looked insanely cool in that super bowl clip too.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Madden is looking like it is shaping up nicely. I, personally, have enjoyed NCAA thus far (but I never view it that seriously...more like a diversion until pro football) and think the negative reactions are a bit dramatized overall (not wrong, just blown out of proportion by some). That said, I'm primarily a franchise player and the lack of attention to next gen franchise on Madden is a bit disappointing. They seemed to have improved the stat tracking, which is a start, but my excitement is tempered since I have no franchise upgrades to grab my attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #22
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

They were able to fix a lot of stuff in Madden that they were unable to in NCAA due to the release dates. I think NCAA is a good game at the core. Using that logic, Madden should be, at least , acceptable this year.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #23
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I think EA had to focus on Madden this year as it looks like a completely new game. I think NCAA will get upgraded next year now that Madden 09 is complete.

Two different games and the videos even show it.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a diehard 2k football player.But the total animation added this year gets me excited to play 09 also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »