Home

Radio Guy is Dead...Long Live Radio Guy

This is a discussion on Radio Guy is Dead...Long Live Radio Guy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Radio Guy is Dead...Long Live Radio Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
yes, and then we could all complain about how the refs get in the way; and how people use the refs as an extra blocker.
Or... Tiburon could program the refs in such a way that they don't get in the way of plays. Radical thinking, I know. But since it's been done by other games I'd think it's doable

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #18
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Every year something great is removed. Next year, I am expecting the football to be taken out and replaced with a beach ball.

I don't think long passes would work as well with a beach ball. It might drift into the crowd, then everyone would start bouncing it around.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Now that the Radio announcer is gone, maybe they can get rid of the PA announcer. Talk about a dull voice that's been the same for 5+ years.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #20
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazza
Now that the Radio announcer is gone, maybe they can get rid of the PA announcer. Talk about a dull voice that's been the same for 5+ years.
You know, the PA announcer was awesome but it became stale a few years back. Time to update it with someone new and with better in stadium announcing. We are asking too much when there isn't any football competition in video games now.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #21
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I haven't even played the game yet and I already hate Tom Hammond. Not that I'm saying that Radio Guy is worst,but come on....I'd take Cris by himself over Tom Hammond. The guy is just plain BORING.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #22
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I really fail to see what was so bad about Radio Guy. He called the games with emotion and enthusiasm, in favor of whatever team you were playing as. Sure, he wasn't a real life commenter, but it's not a real game either.

Madden's commentary on the last gen games was horrible and repetitive. Madden in reality isn't that good anymore either because the guy is losing his mind. Sure, it's nice to know what a Turducken is, but what's that got to do with calling a football game?

Now we have Collinsworth, who isn't too bad, and Hammond who, based on the videos we've seen so far, has given us the most lifeless commentary since the computer generated voices of the early 90's. How exactly is that an improvement over Radio Guy? Just because they have real names? Pffft.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Of course I'm glad to have real announcers for '09'. But...I really didn't mind "Radio guy".
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #24
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the biggest problem with the radio guy (for me anyway) is it further took you away from any sense of immersion in the game. Madden has been schizophrenic on next gen with it's weak presentation. You get "TV" intros (in quotes because it was, well, barebones to say the least), an attempt at on-field atmosphere (player chatter, big hit sounds, etc), and some weird radio guy calling the game. Nothing meshed...lets just mix and match different concepts and see what sticks (surprise, surprise...nothing did). I prefer a TV style presentation, personally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »