Home

LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

This is a discussion on LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

Even though I hate your team, I agree with what you are saying. All we can do is hope the NFL doesnt renew the exclusive contract. That is the only way thing will get better for all gamers.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #50
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
True, in a comic-ironic sense, Soxfan. Next year probably will be the time when comparisons might be fairly said to be felicitous, even if not definitely favorable. It is funny, though, that a game developed on a short cycle and with unheard of limitations is the barometer on these issues for the giant . . . after the giant has had two years to try to catch up.
Well, i would call aspects of it a barometer, but certainly not the game itself. APF was basically a rehashed version of 2K5 without pro players. 2K football had a lot of good qualities, but is probably one of the most overrated game series (by it's fanbase, not reviews) now. It did get many of the foundational aspects mostly right, though. I just think these comparisons are only useful if it's benificial to the progress of Madden. Not to satisfy someones curiosity or rehash a tired debate (which, is all threads like this end up breaking down into).
Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
i feel ya man. other than the interaction animations, i think the game is trash also. the only 2 Madden games i never really liked were 2003 and 2008. other than that i always find enjoyment with Madden.
I agree. But i loved Madden 08. it had its problems but i really like it. to each is own. And not a 2k ***** either because NBA2k8 is fire. has its own issues but it is fire IMO.

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #52
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: LBZRULES-IAN..New Madden Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
appparently you haven't read most of the threads ian has posted in. might want to do a little research next time. they've already done these comparisons to 2k games, and Ian has admitted that there are places where EA's product is inferior. this thread is dumb at this point, imo. there's nothing that can be done about it right now (the game is finished) so what's the point?

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #53
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemal
I agree. But i loved Madden 08. it had its problems but i really like it. to each is own. And not a 2k ***** either because NBA2k8 is fire. has its own issues but it is fire IMO.
MADDEN 08 was cool but i stopped playing due to that franchise bug. by the time they patched it i was already into NBA 2K8. and i agree with you, that game is da S***! lol best b-ball game ever! then i got into MLB 08: THE SHOW and it was all over for Madden.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 52

Yeah just to chime in real quick, I don't think I'm going to do this challenge...sorry. The gang tackle challenge was something special because I actually made a claim I had to back up. I am a pretty busy guy...so I'd suggest that someone DEFINITELY do this video comparison once the game comes out because it is an interesting idea and if by chance Madden is way behind or whatever, then it'd be great for us to see where to improve.

Good idea though...I respectfully decline though.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Well, i would call aspects of it a barometer, but certainly not the game itself. APF was basically a rehashed version of 2K5 without pro players. 2K football had a lot of good qualities, but is probably one of the most overrated game series (by it's fanbase, not reviews) now. It did get many of the foundational aspects mostly right, though. I just think these comparisons are only useful if it's benificial to the progress of Madden. Not to satisfy someones curiosity or rehash a tired debate (which, is all threads like this end up breaking down into).
Did you just say 2K is one of the most overrated...you obviously never played an EA football game...after 4 months of massive hype, and super marketing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Yeah just to chime in real quick, I don't think I'm going to do this challenge...sorry. The gang tackle challenge was something special because I actually made a claim I had to back up. I am a pretty busy guy...so I'd suggest that someone DEFINITELY do this video comparison once the game comes out because it is an interesting idea and if by chance Madden is way behind or whatever, then it'd be great for us to see where to improve.

Good idea though...I respectfully decline though.

Ian, I dont know you but from your original post back in LB's original thread I knew you were a stand up dude. quote TenBears(outlaw josey wales ?)
"Your words are like Iron" I hope I quoted the right movie..anyway.

Despite others being negative I am glad you feel the idea is worth doing.
You did a good thing breaking the ice and making dialog with yall possible again.

I just hope when we all discuss game design in the future we can all eliminate all the BS and discuss strengths and weakness in both games.
Also I would not worry about Madden being behind, the comparison is strictly a lets look at whats done right and wrong in both games and try and get everyone in agreement as to how to best go forward with the stuff we all agree needs fixing.

I wish people would stop trying to turn this into a 2k vs EA war.

Thanks for posting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »