Home

**** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions****

This is a discussion on **** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions**** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #241
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: **** Official Madden 09 Demo Impressions****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I must say...this might be the first thing I've read to actually garner some real excitement from me. If it's done as well as you say, it will be a HUGE boost to the gameplay. Good stuff!
Yes Sox! I was using the stick most of the time. But just before a tackle I used the B button and Jacobs did like a half spin and kind of sorta running with his back turn and then turning forward (the defender missed me by the way. nice move). That happen I believe when I hit the B button twice. But, when you are in the grasp you can now hit the B button and try to spin out. Watch out though. I did get stripped twice doing it.

Nice touch - when the defender is close press the A button and the person you are running with will try to do a swat or a push down stiff arm sought of animation. Works nice when a defender is coming in strong and you stiff him!! HA

Bottom-line you have control over the gameplay finally in Madden. In the past you were normally a spectator and the animation would take over and that was that.

I was trying to play NCAA earlier but could not stomach it. IMO the demo is wayyyy ahead of NCAA by far.

Last edited by DONF; 07-30-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #242
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Yes Sox! I was using the stick most of the time. But just before a tackle I used the B button and Jacobs did like a half spin and kind of sorta running with his back turn and then turning forward. That happen I believe when I hit the B button twice. But, when you are in the grasp you can now hit the B button and try to spin out. Watch out though. I did get stripped twice doing it.

Nice touch - when the defender is close press the A button and the person you are running with will try to do a swat or a push down stiff are sought of animation. Works nice when a defender is coming in strong and you stiff him!! HA

Bottom-line you have control over the gameplay finally in Madden. In the past you were normally a spectator and the animation would take over and that was that.

I was trying to play NCAA earlier but could not stomach it. IMO the demo is wayyyy ahead of NCAA by far.
Excellent...I gues I am going going to be married to controlling Marion Barber in this game...First back I actually pictured while reading your description. Looking forward to checking out the demo tomorrow
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 1

what time the ps3 demo out
Old 07-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #244
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Excellent...I gues I am going going to be married to controlling Marion Barber in this game...First back I actually pictured while reading your description. Looking forward to checking out the demo tomorrow
Agreed. I bleed with the cut from the lone star. Barber will be a 1,000 yard rusher in any league I am in. Provided I get my Boys!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #245
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Agreed. I bleed with the cut from the lone star. Barber will be a 1,000 yard rusher in any league I am in. Provided I get my Boys!
lol...I feel ya. I don't really play online, so I guess I get my pick either way. I try to play a franchise with another team so I can build it up (can't bring myself to cut any of my 'boys...except maybe for you Roy). I'm looking at the Texans this year...maybe even led for a year or two by a certain pill-poppin' gunslinger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 AM   #246
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yeah baby gopher pride! I can't wait to play this demo on Friday!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 AM   #247
Banned

OVR: 6

BTW the Madden Demo, is out right now!!! Go DL it!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 AM   #248
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Let's lock and start a new thread since this one includes very few actual impressions of the demo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »