Home

Setting Food Prices, Tickets etc..

This is a discussion on Setting Food Prices, Tickets etc.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Setting Food Prices, Tickets etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
This is not in 09.

Fun fact - I actually was the designer behind Owner Mode in 04...it was one of my first designs actually and something I had wanted in Madden forever.

So though the price-setting stuff doesn't exist yet in Next-Gen, I think that bringing it over in an identical implementation to how it was originally put in for 04 would be a bad idea. I have a lot of ideas on how to make it more "fun" or less tedious, but I'd like to hear thoughts from you all? Did you use the price setting? If so, did you do it all the time? How often did you stick with it? What were the pros/cons of the feature?

Also, to clarify real quick, for anything that existed in Madden old-gen that doesn't exist in 360/PS3...it was never "done away with". I can't really remember any instance where we actually pulled out a feature altogether...for 360/PS3 everything has to be re-done from scratch, so it just hasn't been re-created yet.
I actually thought owners mode was pretty fun, maybe Im just weird? Theres lots of great ideas here already on how to improve that fun level, but I would be overjoyed at its return in some form or another.

BUT, to address your point - that nothing has been "taken away" but simply "hasnt been created yet" - you may be right about that, but there are certain aspects to the last-gen game that should be inherent to the next-gen like 4-player co-operative play - Its actually there in Madden Next-Gen but it hasnt formally been "Enabled" why is this? Does it effect gameplay negatively? Thats your area, right? - its something thats caused me and my group so much frustration over these 3 years - Its there, but its "Disabled" for sinister reasons we have come to believe. LoL.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm a huge franchise fan but I didn't like the prices but I didn't not like them. I'd go in once a year or so but sometimes I'd forget about them. I think the special events that you could have was actually a good idea. If I recall there was also a team popularity meter that could be brought back and used efficiently (ie. sign a big time free agent, make it to the playoff's your teams popularity goes up and thus your revenue would). I'd prefer an expansion team mode over the return of setting prices but if you were going to bring back prices then I'd suggest two "tweaks" - first only allow price increases/decreases once a year in the posteason menu. In the NFL, teams don't raise prices week to week. In Madden, they shouldn't either. You could create a tab for playoff prices should your team make it. Second, allow the major big ticket stadium upgrades to be visible. Did you buy a HD Jumbotron? Show the change the following year. Added pyrotechnics? Allow my team to come out with bigger and better fireworks/lights shows. That way it would make the pricing relevant and give us something to target. The major issue with the last gen owner mode is that the prices really did very little besides affect the grade of the stadium and your bottom line and your bottom line didn't really affect what you did with coaches/players.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I'm a huge franchise fan but I didn't like the prices but I didn't not like them. I'd go in once a year or so but sometimes I'd forget about them. I think the special events that you could have was actually a good idea. If I recall there was also a team popularity meter that could be brought back and used efficiently (ie. sign a big time free agent, make it to the playoff's your teams popularity goes up and thus your revenue would). I'd prefer an expansion team mode over the return of setting prices but if you were going to bring back prices then I'd suggest two "tweaks" - first only allow price increases/decreases once a year in the posteason menu. In the NFL, teams don't raise prices week to week. In Madden, they shouldn't either. You could create a tab for playoff prices should your team make it. Second, allow the major big ticket stadium upgrades to be visible. Did you buy a HD Jumbotron? Show the change the following year. Added pyrotechnics? Allow my team to come out with bigger and better fireworks/lights shows. That way it would make the pricing relevant and give us something to target. The major issue with the last gen owner mode is that the prices really did very little besides affect the grade of the stadium and your bottom line and your bottom line didn't really affect what you did with coaches/players.
Holy crap awsome, how cool would it be for you to be the owner, build up the popularity of your team, and then almost SIMs like be able to recruit cheerleaders, better fireworks, light shows, Stadium Improvements, Fan Merchandise, Television Prime Time Slots - But then Actually SEE those improvements with animations before the games?! Pretty cool.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #20
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I personally liked it. I used it every week, I kept up with it through every season. It's just one of those things that makes the experience that much more realistic. I'm not going to go as far as saying it's a priority for the Franchise mode, but I would say that it would be a welcomed feature. I just want the Tony Bruno feature back
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #21
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I just want the Tony Bruno feature back
Ian, listen to this man!! CHURCHHHH!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »