Home

Thoughts - Demos, Patches, and an Announcement!

This is a discussion on Thoughts - Demos, Patches, and an Announcement! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Thoughts - Demos, Patches, and an Announcement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
If the patch is done why can't the patch notes be released now?
they still have to go through Microsoft and Sony's certification process.

Hopefully they'll be available when I get the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they still have to go through Microsoft and Sony's certification process.

Hopefully they'll be available when I get the game.
Its already done. Why can't they tell us what the issues were that they fixed? And why do you post every time i post? LOL
Old 07-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Its already done. Why can't they tell us what the issues were that they fixed? And why do you post every time i post? LOL
Oh, I was thinking you were asking why don't they release the actual patch.

My bad.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Oh, I was thinking you were asking why don't they release the actual patch.

My bad.
sorry i don't believe that.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #69
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
Patch Fun
Just like demos, patches are a tricky subject. I’m definitely of the opinion that we should not rely on patches to ship a game on time. We work really hard to find any and all bugs in the product before we go final. I can tell you with absolute certainty, there’s nobody more disappointed when issues get found than the game team itself.

I’ve been torn when it comes to the subject of discussing the Madden patch. Ian already mentioned that a patch is likely Day 1. We finished the work on the patch earlier this week and it’s on schedule to be available when you pick up the game 8/12 (please keep in mind that this date is not locked). Why patch the game even before it’s out? Well… When NCAA came out, we were keeping track of the feedback on their product. Honestly, we shared some of the issues that were being reported in NCAA (minor gameplay issues). Nothing major in my opinion, but we had just enough time to squeeze in a patch to improve the experience even more. When I thought about it, I just asked myself the basic question, “Why not fix the issues?”

Clearly, we fixed a few things and my hope is that the game will be better for it. We’ll release patch notes closer to the launch of the game but know that we did fix roughly 3 to four gameplay issues that we hope result in a more sim-like and fun experience.
I know this is a Madden thread, but can you please explain how NCAA came out July 15, you guys knew about many of the issues that people have been complaining about, on or before June 1, and the gameplay patch for NCAA is slated for a late August-September release, while the Madden patch, which more or less addresses the same issues, is out on release day (August 12)? What exactly happened in terms of the NCAA patch process between June 1 and July 15 that prevented a similarly timed patch from being released for NCAA?
Old 07-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
I know this is a Madden thread, but can you please explain how NCAA came out July 15, you guys knew about many of the issues that people have been complaining about, on or before June 1, and the gameplay patch for NCAA is slated for a late August-September release, while the Madden patch, which more or less addresses the same issues, is out on release day (August 12)? What exactly happened in terms of the NCAA patch process between June 1 and July 15 that prevented a similarly timed patch from being released for NCAA?
No, we can't explain it...we don't have anything to do with that. That would be better suited for Adam (OMT) in the NCAA forum. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
sorry i don't believe that.
don't believe what?

Your first post I thought you were talking about them actually going ahead and releasing the patch now. It didn't occur to me that you were talking about them releasing the info on whats been patched.

I misread your intial post when I responded. My bad for making a mistake.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 25

Ian-

My first post on this thread topic was humorous, but in all seriousness...congrads. I think you'll do a fine job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »