Home

Shovel Pass?

This is a discussion on Shovel Pass? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Shovel Pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
i cant remeber wht yr it was but they did have it at one point
It was 2005, I was playing in practice mode a month or two ago and was like....holy crap did I just see a shovel pass? Looked at the replay and sure enough. They also had gang tackles in 2005 which disappeared and didnt make its way back into the ps2 version until 2008.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
It was 2005, I was playing in practice mode a month or two ago and was like....holy crap did I just see a shovel pass? Looked at the replay and sure enough. They also had gang tackles in 2005 which disappeared and didnt make its way back into the ps2 version until 2008.
thanx for find out i was pretty sure it was somewhere in madden, now that i think about it i think it was introduced in 2003 or 2004, but i it was definitely in madden and it actually wasn't that affective as you would think, also I'm pretty positive 2007 had gang tackling cause 2008 was pretty much the same but ran much smother.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
thanx for find out i was pretty sure it was somewhere in madden, now that i think about it i think it was introduced in 2003 or 2004, but i it was definitely in madden and it actually wasn't that affective as you would think, also I'm pretty positive 2007 had gang tackling cause 2008 was pretty much the same but ran much smother.
I played 2007 to death and I dont remember seeing anything that I would consider a gang tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
Last year there was a specific play that people abused over and over. The WR Screen pass. So yes screen plays are abused and last year that play could be pretty tough to stop on a consistent basis. Just my thoughts tho.
That is pretty easy to stop if you ask me, manually control the corner & hit stick the WR as soon as he touches the ball.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #13
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerilLIVE
That is pretty easy to stop if you ask me, manually control the corner & hit stick the WR as soon as he touches the ball.
Very true but, at the same time I shouldn't have to do that EVERY single play. What I'm saying is I could easily see people abusing the screen pass to avoid a sack. If it is in the game I would hope intentional grounding would be called a lot more.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

I did a shovel pass once in ncaa 09. I'd think it'll be in madden too.

Just spam the lateral button, and you should lateral sideways or shovel the ball forward. I think.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I did a shovel pass once in ncaa 09. I'd think it'll be in madden too.

Just spam the lateral button, and you should lateral sideways or shovel the ball forward. I think.
That would be illegal. Unless your behind the LOS. And how are you going to manipulate the play so the player receiving the pitch is in front of you?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

I know there are a large percentage of players that get the game to play online but I don't think the inclusion/exclusion of a particular play should be based on that portion. I'd actually like to see the shovel pass I just dont think it would be overly effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »