Home

an awesome, very realistic game.

This is a discussion on an awesome, very realistic game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: an awesome, very realistic game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
So how is Madden 09...does it have a good franchise, online league and good gameplay? Also do the players play their ratings? Oh yeah, how are the stats too, they realistic? Forgot one, how is the adaptive AI?
Well, madden 09's franchise is almost exactly the same as last year. The simulated stats are a bit better, but thats about it. Gameplay seems alot better this year, except for the o-line. They'll still do all or nothing blocking and will still constantly miss blocks. Running game blocking, pretty much the same thing. I cant say anything yet about the online leagues, but I would imagine the quality of it require greatly depend on whether or not you play against cheesers. It seems quarterbacks play more to their ratings, but I cant say anything for the other postions. I cant say anything about the adaptive ai yet, but, in my experience, it doesnt tend to work well. It tends to play alot of seesaw though.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I don't get the 05 love. I get the fact it was the last Madden before EA placed more attention to the new consoles, but you guys do realize Madden 06, 07 and 08 have all been on the old consoles/PC too? They're basically all the same but gradually slightly better. From a year to year standpoint they were disappointing in that they didn't improve enough, but if I'm sitting here right now with 05 in my left hand and 08 in my right hand for PC/PS2/Xbox, I'm putting in 08 *shrug*.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only Madden game I ever played prior to 08 was 04, so I don't have much of a frame of reference, but I don't remember it being too much different besides graphically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 02:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I don't get the 05 love. I get the fact it was the last Madden before EA placed more attention to the new consoles, but you guys do realize Madden 06, 07 and 08 have all been on the old consoles/PC too? They're basically all the same but gradually slightly better. From a year to year standpoint they were disappointing in that they didn't improve enough, but if I'm sitting here right now with 05 in my left hand and 08 in my right hand for PC/PS2/Xbox, I'm putting in 08 *shrug*.
I suppose youre right. I played 07 on the the wii and it was pretty good since it just uses a slightly altered gamecube build.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
The only Madden game I ever played prior to 08 was 04, so I don't have much of a frame of reference, but I don't remember it being too much different besides graphically.
Try playing 04 after playing 08 for several months. You'll really notice the difference.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #14
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
To me its a lot of little thing that make 05 the best. I thought the speed of the game was faster. I also felt that the game was just overall tuned better, and the kick meter was much better.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
To me its a lot of little thing that make 05 the best. I thought the speed of the game was faster. I also felt that the game was just overall tuned better, and the kick meter was much better.
I know exactly what you mean, because its the exact same thing for me. Another thing I like about 05 is that the running game requires more finesse and less luck. Running straight at the hole holding the sprint button wont get you very far in 05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #16
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I thought that all-madden on 08 was a pretty realistic, incredibly fun game. Much more fun than NCAA 09 is for me right now.
I don't even think I bought Madden 05, but I do remember 04.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »