Home

Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff

This is a discussion on Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Bring John Madden Back..! ...and make him say stupid stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I love John Madden. It's no coincidence that the downfall of the game came with his absense. You guys didn't appreciate him until he was gone

From the Department of Redundancy Department, these should be the Madden moments:

"Well, had the offense been able to convert that 3rd & long, they'd still be on the field... Boom!"

"Hey, the O lineman are the biggest guys on the field. They're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field... Boom!"

"Blah, blah, blah, something about Thanksgiving... I like my turkeys with eight drumsticks... Boom!"

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #18
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm still waiting for the day when we have MULTIPLE announcer combos in a football game.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I love John Madden. It's no coincidence that the downfall of the game came with his absense. You guys didn't appreciate him until he was gone

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
lol...you're right. The gameplay was scaled down, features were stripped, and presentation was dumbed down all becuase John Madden wasn't a commentator. So, by this logic the radio guy has given me yet another reason to hate him...aside from his canned enthusiasm and periods of commentary drought

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 07-29-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Madden's voice was fun the first time you heard him say a line. The problem was that he became very repetitive very quickly. I got sick of him saying the same lines over and over again. Everyone did.

Don't forget Madden hates to travel in real like so getting him into the studio to record lines was probably a bit of a chore for both EA and Madden. I just can't see Madden sitting somewhere for a long period of time reading thousands of lines of script with no action in front of him. Can you? I am sure after a few years of doing it he no longer had any interest. That's probably one of the reasons EA went with the radio announcer.

Does anyone actually think Madden actually played any of his games for more than five minutes?

From what we've heard out of previews it seems like the new color commentator (I can't recall his name right now) really had fun with it with and added a lot of his own unscripted commentating. I can't wait to hear it. I think it's going to add to the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Madden's commentary sucked in the games. keep him in the "Host" seat and keep his droll delivery out of my football game.

If he had about 1500 more unique lines and his delivery didn't sound like it was tacked on and sounded more like he does on Sundays, I would not mind it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

I was just about to post this today after watching the 49ers vs. Packers in 99' on Fox with Madden announcing.

Why can't we get the FOX channel on 2010 also

I want the ambulance/w stretcher or cart back also

Chain gain

FG Nets

Sideline reporters,camera man,etc...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7

Personally I love Madden. Him and Michaels are by far my favourite commentators. But it's obviously horses for courses. I love Musburger but a lot of people can't stand him. Maybe there's some nostalgia factor in there from my childhood, but there it is.
I think the guy deserves a lot of respect when you consider everything he's done for the game. I'm pretty sure he didn't get in the Hall of Fame just for a videogame

That said, he has come out with some belters. My personal favourites..........

"Leather plus pipe equals doink"

A disussion with Michaels...
JM - "Which is bigger, millimetres or centimetres?"
AM - "I have no idea, you're asking the wrong guy!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »