Home

fair play(online)

This is a discussion on fair play(online) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: fair play(online)

Fair play was outstanding. If you play someone and the go for it on fourth down from their 25 and you stop them the game feels cheap. If they convert and score the game feels cheap. Most online players don't know how to punt. Hence the online play whether winning or losing always feels cheap. Fair play fixed that. The year fair play was in effect I was playing Madden online until my thumbs hurt. Since they removed that feature online play has been abysmal in comparison. Its like dating Gisele and she dumps you, and then having to settle for Selma Blair. Would of been just fine had you never dated Gisele.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Fair play rocked due to the fact that this is how most online games go:

First series, player goes for it on forth down and when they don't get it, player quits.

Fair play takes the temptation out of the equation. Say whatever you want, but even sim players have went for it at times when we shouldn't. We NEED this feature back.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Fair play rocked due to the fact that this is how most online games go:

First series, player goes for it on forth down and when they don't get it, player quits.

Fair play takes the temptation out of the equation. Say whatever you want, but even sim players have went for it at times when we shouldn't. We NEED this feature back.
im sim and never went for it

if you scratch below the surface, this feature was implemented due to ea not wanting to fix the gameplay

the time has come to fix the gameplay AND put this feature back in

if i had to pick one or the other.....fix the gameplay. features can wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

If you play a majority of your games against randoms, then fair play is essential.

I have a feeling that the people that don't like fair play probably don't play a lot of random 'play now' games.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
If you play a majority of your games against randoms, then fair play is essential.

I have a feeling that the people that don't like fair play probably don't play a lot of random 'play now' games.
That seems obvious to me too because their is no one who plays random ranked matches online that would argue against fair play. When fair play was implemented people would actually finish games because they didnt screw themselves going for every fourth down.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Exactly, as soon as they go for it on that 4th down of the 1st or 2nd series.... game over.... quit, fun stops....

Ian, can you get in on this?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

please EA, for the love of god bring this feature back...it makes online play so much more enjoyable...look at ncaa this year with out it.I swear i have a punt reaturn about 1 out of every 4 games...how realistic is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

I play randoms all the time.

The problem with fair play is that it took out legitimate strategies as well. If the ball is on the opponent's 40 yard line and I have 4th and 3, and my defense isn't stopping them anyways, it doesn't make sense to punt. But fair play would have forced me to punt the ball there (or try to kick a FG). There were even times when you'd hit "ask Madden" and he'd tell you to go for it, but the play would be grayed out due to the stupid Fair Play.

If somebody is going to go for it on 4th and 10 from their own 30 and quit if they don't make it, then they're probably going to quit at some point anyways, so all you're doing is delaying the inevitable. As long as the game punishes people for making stupid decisions, then there's no need for fair play at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »