Home

Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #577
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Played the demo last night.

I havent played Madden in a few years but It felt just like the last time i played with a few more animations.

The Sidelines are AWFUL.
Thats basically the way I feel.

The tackling animations are still so bad it hurts.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #578
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

After playing for a while, I think I hate the passing more and more with every play. Sure, I can audible my way into a touchdown with Plax at any given moment, but I don't get any sense of control over the passing. The flats and slants are particularly bad. I can't stop Eli from throwing to the back shoulder of his receivers when they're going towards the sidelines and they keep doing these weird one handed animations where they turn and the ball bounces off of them. I've tried different button pressures, and it's just not resulting in a sharp looking pass or catch.

Either the passing system is horrible, or it's new and I need to have it explained to me. For me, the best part of a football game is reading the defense and throwing away from the defender into a tight little box. In this game, it seems like I either have to find the wide open man in the middle of the field or just hit Plaxico over the top, which feels arcadey and stupid.

If anyone has found any subtlety in the passing game, please let me know. Right now I'm seeing drops and awkward catches, even though my defensive reads are perfect.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:31 AM   #579
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

I tried playing this again tonight, I tried calling a screen pass on the opening 4th and 1 at least 5 times and it never worked. Stupid football AI. The linemen have NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. ITS IN THE GAME, ISNT IT? Why even have a screen pass if the opposition are Stephen Hawking and can figure it out before the snap? HORRIBLE AI. Read this Ian, if you are actually a real person and not just EA Marketing bot #72.

EDIT: I take my slur about EA back.

The Vancouver studio is doing GREAT work, the Tiburon people do as little as required and I am sick of it.

Last edited by PodSquad; 08-08-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #580
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: demo: has anyone noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the member
Actually when the icons drop he pretty much just throws it anywhere and not to any particular reciever.

I pressed B for a pass and he threw it to X because he was on the same side of the field as him.
Is this for the final build only? I tested it on the demo and was hitting my intended receivers in stride.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #581
Banned

OVR: 10

After playing the demo, its still hard to get in the mood of immersion. When a reciever catches a pass the commentator says "HE" and not the recievers name. Blocking is awful and sidelines, even though more people, still are terrible. Its not the demo either, people have the game already and have showed the same thing. If EA wants us to pay 60$ for there games, they really need to put the little things in to help with the gameplay and presentation. WOW!!...4 years, how much longer EA before we can say a true NFL experience????????? Please stop having me beg for 2013 to hurry up. 2k5 sets the example, put away the pride and go off of them..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #582
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

its the truth, the game really feels no different IMO then the last few years, or even back when i used to like the game on the original Xbox!

Im sure alot of things are changed, but I just cant feel it.

One thing I loved about APF was that you really knew who was the star on the field. The good players just felt different. You would serisouly think twice before throwing a pass to a reciever with Woodson covering him. It was awesome.

In this game everyone just kinda feels the same. No life.

AND THE SIDELINES ARE AWFUL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »