Home

SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA

This is a discussion on SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: SG_Fred at Gamespot's Sportsgamer has full game of Madden 09 from EA

Actually you're wrong Swaldo. SG is not a community site like some sites that might need to hype up Madden. SG is a media site that can say whatever they want, with no butt buddy ties to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Only problem there, is what some person thinks is fun isnt the same as the other. Look at NCAA. Some people love it, think its great and super fun, others think its horrible. Best thing you can do is rent before buy
I feel where you're coming from. I still would like to HEAR his overall sentiment of the game, minus the nuts and bolts... well, let me not say "minus" but including the nuts and bolts as well.

but you're right, obviously, renting (insurance) is the best option. Sad I have to put "insurance" on madden these days.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

I can't wait for Madden 09 SP1.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #28
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
So, I wonder if this so called "Sprint" halftime report and postgame are the exact same as last year's?

meaning they just play glory music and let u view some key plays. stupid.
Madden talks and you have 5 plays to look at..I dont know whether its that or the end game show but one of them you really cant skip
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #29
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I wouldn't worry too much about the IQ thing after ONE game. It should take a few games to get at the level where it needs to be for any player. That test is way too easy compared to the real game. If it still varies that drastically after a few games then we might be able to say it's flawed. But I don't see any reason at all for it not to vary quite a bit in the first couple games until it has enough of a sampling to be more accurate.
yeah that test is easy for offense but defense will piss you off..when they do the play where 2 receivers do a comeback route..its a automatic fail because they always get open and you can only control one player..Pass rushing helps get the ball out faster but only the cpu gets the sacks while you do DB coverage. Tackling on the HB drills are hard too..sometimes they want you to hitstick and the back will just run you over or jump over you..and when they tell you to strip the ball it never works..automatic touchdown lol
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #30
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoggy57
Actually you're wrong Swaldo. SG is not a community site like some sites that might need to hype up Madden. SG is a media site that can say whatever they want, with no butt buddy ties to EA.
OK, but where do you think he got the game so early? EA distributes their games early to many web sites so they can get their reviews ready for August 12. EA decides who gets these copies, so if Fred starts blasting the game two weeks before release what do you think will happen? He will be cut off by EA and he'll be like the rest of us picking up his copy at Gamestop on AUG 12.

I didn't accuse him of kissing EA ***, but if you're in his shoes you kinda have your hands tied. Like another poster said - he had everyone excited over Madden 08 so that pretty much sums it up. I'll be reading his posts and filtering the info appropriately.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
OK, but where do you think he got the game so early? EA distributes their games early to many web sites so they can get their reviews ready for August 12. EA decides who gets these copies, so if Fred starts blasting the game two weeks before release what do you think will happen? He will be cut off by EA and he'll be like the rest of us picking up his copy at Gamestop on AUG 12.

I didn't accuse him of kissing EA ***, but if you're in his shoes you kinda have your hands tied. Like another poster said - he had everyone excited over Madden 08 so that pretty much sums it up. I'll be reading his posts and filtering the info appropriately.
I doubt that is the case. For one, his impact on influencing the public at large in regards to purchasing the game is extremely minimal and is certainly nothing for EA to worry about hurting sales numbers. Second, people from EA communicating with the communities have been having open discussions about the issues with the games and have promoted the notion of all manner of feedback being welcome.

I don't think that negative feedback from someone they sent an early copy to is of any worry to EA, as long as it is constructive I can't see why they'd care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 3

The game leaked, it's not hard to believe someone has it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »