Home

After The Demo...

This is a discussion on After The Demo... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After playing the demo, are you buying?
Yes 191 55.36%
No 55 15.94%
On the fence/renting 99 28.70%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: After The Demo...

Not enough was shown and since they are already promising a better version next season, I am leaning towards holding out another year. It mightwill be tough, especially with the current Eagles roster, but I've held out since Madden 2005 so another year shouldn't hurt too much. I'd say Im at a 70% of not buying.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

I just played the Demo, just to see for myself if EA has finally done something with this game...

After playing the demo I just have to say, EA you still have a long long, long road ahead!! Wow! not very good. Very disappointed again! I don't see how you can fix this game without a new game Engine?? The Dev's or Tiburon, or who ever it is needs to be let go!! I'm sorry but this game does not play well. It just doesn't play very Smooth!! What part don't you guys get?? The animations and gameplay are all over the place.. Still to choppy and sketchy. You still don't feel like you have total control of the players!? Why don't we have total control of the players??!! It still feels too stiff controling players. It is a bit better then last years but still not there. Why? While the graphics are improved, it still looks strange in some way, like the players are cut & pasted on the field. almost like they have an outline around the player models.

To many dropped balls by the WR's as well? Why? OL/DE?? I know they said that will be getting fixed for 2010, but man does it need work! No real battles there and the AI is bad.. The DB's!!? What the hell??! Why do they run down field with the WR"s and swap a ball without looking back????? That to me shows how bad this game needs work.. That shouldn't be if your trying to make a realistic football game! damn. Then if that wasn't the worse thing, it isn't! There is so much skating in this game it can be call Hockey!! instead of football! Why?? I mean wow! How come this is still happening in your Football game?? How can you guys release a game that plays like that. How realistic is that when you can see the players especially the QB skating around?? It's just bad Development of a game.. To be honest it's a bit embarrassing if you ask me..

LB still have super leaps.. QB sneak is way to easy on 3rd and short. Presentation is lacking!!? Not enough emotion in the game, etc etc.. Just to many things not right with this game still.. It is a bit better the the previous next gen Maddens, but still lacking way to much as far as gameplay & presentation. I don't think EA gets it. I think some of them do like Ian, but probably don't have the DEV's to make it happen.. period. If you ask me I think thats the problem. I thought you guys where going to step it up but it looks like the same old thing with EA. 2k is still light years ahead of this football game called Madden. Lol, that shouldn't be.. And personally if Madden plays like this Demo, I don't see how much different 2010 can be or improve without a new Dev team or new game engine.. I just dont' see it happening.. It is what it is..

Sorry for the long rant, but I just want to play a realistic Football game.. period..

Last edited by NYGmen56; 08-02-2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: incorrect
Old 08-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't think you can gather much from the demo. I do wonder if the reason they set the demo up like this is so that we can't see some of the flaws in the game. I don't see why they wouldn't make the demo similiar to what we saw for NCAA.

In any event, the demo doesn't change my mind either way. So far the impressions from Bill Abner have been brutal and the lack of CPU sliders more or less kills the game for me. I'm not much of an online player, and this will destroy my franchise. So I'll pass for now and if for some reason it is getting rave reviews from people I respect on the board, I'll give it a shot. Otherwise, it sounds like another huge disappointment.

Maybe in 2010 when the new team has their footprint on the game will we finally see a step in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

After the demo I will not be purchasing week one ...or two. But it's not because of the demo. I did feel the demo was weak, and not playing defense really raised a red flag for me.

What really pisses me off is I remember seeing some dev blogs about playbooks, when to me ALL the playbooks for EA are the same with only slight variation. The Giants in the demo have the same ****ing playbooks as the Illini do in my NCAA dynasty. I mean I already know the playbook. And every formation has a ton of the same plays over and over again.

I truly believe that EA just has one football game that one core team works on called "EA football game". Then both NCAA and Madden extract the majority of their games from this build and tweak it, and paint it for their respective games.

I have a genuine feeling that a week after release this board will be a mess and we'll have Summer Storms pt 2.

I think HC may be the only real console "sim" game going this year. Console sports in general are dying for us evil "hardcore" guys. I recommend sim players start getting over the things the complain about casual gamers and look more into text bases sims.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does anyone else think the player models look.... bad?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikitim
Does anyone else think the player models look.... bad?
No.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

I wasnt impressed at all with the demo. This game should be way better than 2k5 by now and it just doesnt do it for me.
I wasnt really floored by the graphics, the animations are not realistic and seems like they are skating. There is alot that needs fixed. I honestly feel EA should have started with a NEW ENGINE and just give us a barebones Football game focusing just on gameplay and realism. 09 looks like 08 with some new tweaks to me.
I have a strong feeling the responses are going to be negative come Aug 12th unless EA pulls out a rabbit but highly unlikely. Im passing again for the 3rd straight year. Im looking forward to NHL09 this year tho.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #40
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

What really pisses me off is I remember seeing some dev blogs about playbooks, when to me ALL the playbooks for EA are the same with only slight variation. The Giants in the demo have the same ****ing playbooks as the Illini do in my NCAA dynasty. I mean I already know the playbook. And every formation has a ton of the same plays over and over again.
It's the same playbook as air force too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »