Home

After The Demo...

This is a discussion on After The Demo... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After playing the demo, are you buying?
Yes 191 55.36%
No 55 15.94%
On the fence/renting 99 28.70%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: After The Demo...

I voted YES but I preordered before the demo release, partly for NFL Head Coach-hopefully at least one will be enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #66
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Yeah dude I am. To be honest with all the hype about the visuals I was really surprised at how average they were. I think not having the ability to go into replay mode hurt it in addition to the almost birds eye view camera angle. I don't know but for whatever reason they really did not look that special at all.
I don't like the white outline around the players due to some strange lighting. Looks like they were cut and pasted onto the playing field.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum
Some people, like myself, are just frustrated because the lack of a decent demo will guarantee that I don't buy the game on release. It's now a rental for me because I can't get a very good idea of the game.
Exactly...nice post.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #68
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
No. This was confirmed. Generic endzone art.
Quite Ironic. They could do it for past superbowl and a demo but not for the whole game. Oh well.. Lowering expectations will make me love this game..
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 08-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPower
People whine about the demo being short. Well, it's free!!! So what you expect? The demo is fine to me because all it is is just that, a "demo". I don't care about the 1 qtr thing because all I am looking for is the feel for the mechanics, realistic and appropriate animations, gamplay, and how the player models seem to interact on the field. That's all I care about. If the "feel" of the game far as mechanics are there, then it don't take a rocket scientist to know a actual game of 4 quarters would be that much better. The demo has impressed me in those areas and I will be buying the game on Aug. 12th.

IMO, the game clearly looks to be better than any other Madden, PERIOD!
Ignore the ones that flame you for this post. They don't like it when people disrupt the daily whine & cheese sessions with common sense and logic.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #70
All Star

OVR: 13

Actually, this was the year that I thought was going to most severely test my vow never to buy an EA product (enacted 2005) because I just got sick of not having a new football game to play...but after the NCAA release (which I rented, thank god) and now finding out the news about Madden, I guess it will be easier than I thought to stay away this year. The Madden demo to me basically felt no different than NCAA, although in all fairness since it's like 90 seconds of gameplay and no defense, it's hard to really get into the details...

The sad thing is that for as much of a 2K homer as I am, I actually WANT Madden to be awesome one year so I can have a good new football game to play. I'm not rooting for EA's products to suck by any means, despite the fact that I despise the company.

Oh, and as far as the graphics are concerned, they're obviously good...but are they next-gen teaser good? Remember T.O. scoring a TD for the Eagles and how we thought that was supposed to be the next-gen Madden graphics? Maybe for XBox720...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPower
People whine about the demo being short. Well, it's free!!! So what you expect? The demo is fine to me because all it is is just that, a "demo". I don't care about the 1 qtr thing because all I am looking for is the feel for the mechanics, realistic and appropriate animations, gamplay, and how the player models seem to interact on the field. That's all I care about. If the "feel" of the game far as mechanics are there, then it don't take a rocket scientist to know a actual game of 4 quarters would be that much better. The demo has impressed me in those areas and I will be buying the game on Aug. 12th.

IMO, the game clearly looks to be better than any other Madden, PERIOD!
True Story

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 6

already pre-ordered, might as well, or its a waste of 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »