Home

Rocket catch still on Madden 09?

This is a discussion on Rocket catch still on Madden 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Rocket catch still on Madden 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
so let me ask you in real life players dont jump and catch passes? cause right now i find it little disturbing having 6'5 WR in plax who doesnt jump on a fade route.
As I understood it, the players still WILL jump for the ball but it's not an animation you can control on the higher skill levels.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
As I understood it, the players still WILL jump for the ball but it's not an animation you can control on the higher skill levels.
okay thanks. you just restored my faith in this purchase.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
so let me ask you in real life players dont jump and catch passes? cause right now i find it little disturbing having 6'5 WR in plax who doesnt jump on a fade route.
i catch the fade route easily

timing my friend

now you cant "strafe catch/rocket catch" so timing & knowing whos open = beneficial to a successful offense

no more winging it to a tall wr cause you know an animation will kick in. learn football, not "madden football"

and i want my royalties ea.....just let me get the game before release date every year, pm/email me

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
i catch the fade route easily

timing my friend

now you cant "strafe catch/rocket catch" so timing & knowing whos open = beneficial to a successful offense

no more winging it to a tall wr cause you know an animation will kick in. learn football, not "madden football"

and i want my royalties ea.....just let me get the game before release date every year, pm/email me

thanks
please be quiet. i dont even strafe catch. i was talk about normal jumping to go after the ball at it highest peak. you know the things coaches teach as you PLAY the game. you know if really want to learn a thing or two i can find about 100 youtube vids with players from the pros all the way down to high school jumping to catch a pass.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
please be quiet. i dont even strafe catch. i was talk about normal jumping to go after the ball at it highest peak. you know the things coaches teach as you PLAY the game. you know if really want to learn a thing or two i can find about 100 youtube vids with players from the pros all the way down to high school jumping to catch a pass.
Take it easy, no need to go jumping down each other's throats.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
okay thanks. you just restored my faith in this purchase.
Problem with that is, since when can we depend on madden's "advanced" ai to know when and how to jump for a ball?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

man they ruined catching the ball because so-called crybaby madden "sim" heads were getting destroyed online. its not ok when the game is unrealistic to help out cheesers but when you need to get rid of some realism so "sim" heads can sleep at night knowing that they made pass defense just a little bit easier its ok.

im sure nfl coaches are lobbying to get rid of jumping for the ball in the real nfl to help them against randy moss as well. "a penalty and a fine mr. moss, how dare you go up for the ball and make the cb look stupid".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
man they ruined catching the ball because so-called crybaby madden "sim" heads were getting destroyed online. its not ok when the game is unrealistic to help out cheesers but when you need to get rid of some realism so "sim" heads can sleep at night knowing that they made pass defense just a little bit easier its ok.

im sure nfl coaches are lobbying to get rid of jumping for the ball in the real nfl to help them against randy moss as well. "a penalty and a fine mr. moss, how dare you go up for the ball and make the cb look stupid".
Thats basically how i feel, they could have just made the defense more able to defend against it, instead they cover up their ai problems by taking something out of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »