Home

Are You Now Considering PS2 or Xbox Version?

This is a discussion on Are You Now Considering PS2 or Xbox Version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Are You Now Considering PS2 or Xbox Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
As far as I know there are no more 1st gen xbox games being made. MS doesn't support it anymore.
Amazon does have it listed, there is hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi
Amazon does have it listed, there is hope.
Yep:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...=operasport-20

When I get home, I'll also quote magazine name, issue #, and page #, where it was reviewed.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #27
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Why in the world would someone play madden on a PC or MAC when you have the option to play it on a PS3 or 360 on a flat screen tv, sitting on the couch, ect...That makes absolutely no sense to me.

But to address the original topic, I like the PS2 version of NCAA way better and am currently playing franchise mode...I'm going next gen on Madden this year, I actually think the demo isn't that bad on PS3 so I'm giving it a shot. But once i figure out the unstoppable plays, the host of bugs, and experience the overall frustraion of next gen football that has been there since the switch to next gen, I'll probably go back to the PS2 version...
I have a 30in HD Monitor(pc/ps3/360) that I play games on, well as 24in iMac..so it makes absolutely a lot of sense..besides PC Madden was better than the ps2/xbox version graphically plus you can get custom updatess
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

Absolutely not, it looks breathtaking on my HDTV, and I loved the gameplay in the demo.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #29
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Nope....I never really messed with sliders much anyway.

I will get the game...come home, and never read ANY impressions on OS. Every time I read impressions someone points out something I never would have noticed.....and then the game is ruined for me.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #30
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Would I pay $39 or $49 for a new version of a last-gen Madden game? Absolutely not.

Would I consider playing my $2.99 copy of Madden '06 or $1.99 copy of NFL 2k5 with updated rosters in lieu of the HD crap fest "dropping" on August 12th? Very possibly.

We're all spoiled by HD, and it's difficult to go back. But for all the power of these new machines, it's sad that many of the sports titles have taken considerable steps backward in terms of gameplay and responsiveness. I mean, the Madden games from 2003-07 on PS2 had their flaws, no doubt. But can anyone honestly tell me that the players respond better to what you tell them to do on next-gen as opposed to PS2? I think not. Same is true for Fight Night, NBA 2k, and many other titles.

Last edited by StormJH1; 08-04-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Nope....I never really messed with sliders much anyway.

I will get the game...come home, and never read ANY impressions on OS. Every time I read impressions someone points out something I never would have noticed.....and then the game is ruined for me.
I can't count how many times that has happened to me. OS is blessing and a curse for some games, but I keep coming back for more. LOL

And no. I am not considering the PS2 or XBOX version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

• Sold my 360 version of Madden 08 last year within 2 weeks(sad)
  • Went back to Xbox version cuz the only way in which it wasn't better than next gen was graphics(sadder)
  • There's a good chance I'll purchase neither next gen or current gen Madden this year and will play 2K5 and APF08 again(saddest)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »