Home

Deep Bomb Still Works Everytime

This is a discussion on Deep Bomb Still Works Everytime within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Deep Bomb Still Works Everytime

cool thanks man, i sure hope so .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Yes this IS very unfortunate...my question is, are Patriots fans as annoying as Red Sox fans? I used to think Yankee fans were the worse until the Sox won the series, now there are more people with dopey Red Sox hats doing stupid chants (at our local MLB stadium, Safeco Field) who couldn't point out Boston, Ma. on map if you gave them a hint of where it was. Last years Super Bowl was so satisfying on so many levels, not the least of which put Boston sports fans and all the Johnny come lately Boston sports fans in their place. The only down side was it was a NY team that did it.

Sorry off topic, but I had to respond to that line.
Truth! Born and raised from Seattle and this has gotten out of hand. I cannot wait until the Hawks beat the Patriots this year at home. The amount of "Boston fans" representing at Qwest Field is going to be sickening though.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
Yo i dont know what kids are you talking about buddy im 31 years old. yes if you stay in the pocket you are going to get sack three to four times like you said but if you dont count those as tries of course. i meant the ten times i was actually able to throw the ball deep i completed eight of them, and you have to roll out to the side that you are throwing the ball to of course. i tried to throw the ball deep to the other side just to see if i would complete the pass but thankfully that didnt work. yes of course you only complete the pass when you get an one on one but there are times you also get it in double coverage not as much but you still do. I dont throw the ball deep , i like to play a more realistic type of game but this will be a game killer when you play a friend or online. you might actually be the little jit defending madden like if it was the best game ever every year.

Yes, I count sacks as an attempt because u are ATTEMPTING to throw deep. I don't think roll outs will be successful in this game either. If you study the demo, you would notice that your best chance to get a good accurate pass is to stay in the pocket. When u start moving out the pocket, dropping back to far, you will notice chances of sacks increase, and accuracy is off noticeably. Dude, I've literally played the demo atleast 100 times just trying to study the gameplay. And I don't see a deep ball problem at all.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
It really varys in a good way. On CUSTOM sliders set near AA settings, I get a good balance of having to unload quick versus having some time to sit back...it really varies from team to team and based on the pressure packages the D throws at you plus your own lines abilities.

But overall, I have found a nice balance and the PASS Blocking slider seems to work well if you need a global push in one direction or the other to make it a bit easier or more difficult.

No problems there...In fact, in that Raven's/Pat's game. Ray Lewis was all over my Brady and put him down 4 times during the game. The Raven's were using very realistic blitz packages on me to throw me off my game and it worked effectively but even more importantly, it felt realistic, not SUPER CHEAP AI stuff.

The one other thing that I wish EA would tweak is the time at which the CPU gets to the line then snaps the ball. It was a bit fast last year and it still is this year. With all the Pre Snap strategic chess adjustments you can make on D prior to the snap, you would expect EA to offset this by allowing the USER just a little more time to try and analyze the play and make quick adjustments pre snap. The CPU gets to the line and snaps a bit too soon most of the time...if not all the time unless its running the clock down with a lead near the end.

This could be such a simple patch adjustment and I think it would make things a little more strategically exciting for the player if he was given just a few more seconds to make adjustments
Hey Lisa how would one go about getting the game early?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPower
Yes, I count sacks as an attempt because u are ATTEMPTING to throw deep. I don't think roll outs will be successful in this game either. If you study the demo, you would notice that your best chance to get a good accurate pass is to stay in the pocket. When u start moving out the pocket, dropping back to far, you will notice chances of sacks increase, and accuracy is off noticeably. Dude, I've literally played the demo atleast 100 times just trying to study the gameplay. And I don't see a deep ball problem at all.
an attempt in football is when you actually throw the ball, and when i said roll out i dont mean running back.i meant just getting out of the pocket either left or right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #46
Redskins Pride

I'm not a madden god but i know how to play the game ... I played for about 30 mins simply using plays that put Plax on a deep route. i tried to roll out and toss long to plax and it was hard sometimes to just get the pass off. The DEs crushed me, an LB was waiting if I tried to take off with Eli, and the CB blanketed Plax pretty nicely.

Nowhere near 80%. More like 10%. I'm not really sure how anyone could do it better with the DEs coming off their blocks when I rolled out. Running the ball seems kind of useless in the demo.

If the game plays like the demo my win % will not be that high. Then again I guess you don't play the Pats every game unless you're some kind of masochist.

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 08-05-2008 at 12:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »