Home

What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

This is a discussion on What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

How about adding 5 to 10 different animations for any position in the game? Particularly more on the offense and special teams.You could select and view that animation while editing your player, sorta like in FIFA or Winning Eleven when you can pick different styles of kicking and drop-kicking for goalkeepers when you edit what type of animation this player will do when he kicks or whatever. Adding this to madden would be really cool and more fun. *note* selecting an animation for your created/edited player would mean this animation would be done on a consistant level.

(editable in player info)

Different types of Throwing Animations for QBs (lefty's and righty's)

Different types of Running Animations/BreakTckle/Carrying for RBs

Different types of Catching Animations for WR-TE

Different types of Pass Rush for Lineman

Different types of Kicking styles for Place kickers and Punters (lefty's and righty's)

Last edited by destroyer; 08-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #58
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly_fire
Every little bit would count. Being an offensive lineman, what would your thoughts be on this idea:

2 playcalling screens similar to 2K where you pick your defensive front AND offensive front FIRST. Then the regular play comes up and you pick from that. For example:

The LDE is killing you all game. The first playcall screen with offensive fronts gives you the ability to: 1) Double LDE; 2) Double RDE; 3) Double LDT; 4) Double RDT(If 3-4 D then #3 or #4 will double the NT). Now you pick #1, and your front is set, and then your play comes up and you pick it.

You line up and see that the LOLB is also probably going to blitz. This can then be taken care of by shifting your line to the left like you currently can do AND the you can keep the TE or FB/RB in to chip or block.

Your thoughts?

100% agree, ive always loved the 2k system for play picking...I really want EA to take some more time with the line play( O and D) which they did add the slide protection which I love but there needs to be more. Anyone with any kind of football knowledge knows that you win games in the trenches, if your O-line stinks chances are your not winning many games and your quarterback will be on the PUP list halfway thru the season lol. the 2k playcalling system would be a big improvement.

Even on defense say your getting killed on short drag patterns and you have a agile DE like say Julius Peppers...on the first playcalling screen you can have a option to drop peppers back into a short zone coverage to try and stop them from runnin crosses or drags. Now I kno they have certain plays where the DE drops back into coverage on madden and NCAA but its always with your nickel DB and LB's blitzing, I wanna be able to drop my DE back into a small zone coverage and still have my lb's and db's in their normal coverage. If that makes any sense to anyone lol
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #59
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

adding some kind of attribute to players that has certain players more prone to jumping the snap.....you see way too many top tier OL and DL jumping the snap too often...Like last years madden one game I was playing Aaron Smith for the steelers went offsides 7 times in one game...im not sure he went offsides that much in one season, or hutchinson from the vikings getting multiple false starts which never happens....but once again im the type of dude when watchin college or the nfl on tv I focus in on the line play from before the snap to when the qb drops back and they go out of the picture, if the linemen are in the picture I find myself watching them nonstop, you can tell alot from lineplay...if you watch the line you can see the hole opening up and watch the RB go right thru it......LOL but im sure im in the minority on that one
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 4

^^^^ I think the idea is to talk about customization options, like things you can customize and personalize to suit your tastes with sliders and selectable options...

Here's another: Auto-Replay frequency options
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #61
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
Anything that makes this game more SIM. Like for example after you pick your play in the playcalling screen, another lil box pops up and says "snap ball on...1,2 or 3" so when you get to the line of scrimmage say yo chose 2 you would have to cadence and hit the RB once and then hit A to snap the ball and if you do it right your lineman can get a little jump on the defenders, or say you chose 2 and forgot and didnt fake snap it, your linemen would be slower to get off the ball becuase they were waiting for a cadence and didnt get one, or if u said "on 3" and you hit the RB 3 times then you would get a false start. I think you get what im saying so no need to go through every scenario. Maybe its just from my personal football experiece of being a offensive lineman all through high school and college that makes this sound really cool and add a lil more realism. Compared to alot of the other ideas in this thread I realize this isnt a MAJOR idea but it would be cool
I like the snap count idea. And if you threw it off and varied it a bit you could maybe get an encroachment call or two to go your way.

Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #62
Banned

Here are some more...

*Camera flash sliders or just an on-off option

*Hit cam on-off option

*Break-away cam on-off option

*Pre-play camera's on-off option
Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #63
Banned

^^^^ And for the record, I actually love all 4 of those features, but I realize that there are some people who like them but don't like the frequency of them, or just hate them altogether completely, so those people should have options.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
Banned

A couple more customization ideas:

*Ability to customize the selection of pants/jersey tops (selecting different combos), AND the ability to choose the jersey of your home team vs. the opponents home jersey or away vs. away... and throwback vs. throwback.

*Temperature controls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »