Home

Madden getting to Complex

This is a discussion on Madden getting to Complex within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Post Madden getting to Complex

With the new feature bluff mode, set audibles(old), smart routes, slide protection Madden is becoming more difficult to than ever to get a play off in the allowed amount of time. I feel that Tiburon needs just make the A.I. smarter. This would get rid of the user having to manual adjust the route and slide protection.

It is time Tiburon brings the A.I. up to next gen standards. This will make the game more enjoyable. Also the user should not have to feel that he/she has use all these new features to make progress in the games due flaws.

It is time to fix the core of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden getting to Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
With the new feature bluff mode, set audibles(old), smart routes, slide protection Madden is becoming more difficult to than ever to get a play off in the allowed amount of time. I feel that Tiburon needs just make the A.I. smarter. This would get rid of the user having to manual adjust the route and slide protection.

It is time Tiburon brings the A.I. up to next gen standards. This will make the game more enjoyable. Also the user should not have to feel that he/she has use all these new features to make progress in the games due flaws.

It is time to fix the core of the game.
All the features u listed are good...they were in on ps2 days...
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's actually not that complex at all. The controls are almost identical every single year for both NCAA and Madden. Sometimes I wish they'd change the control layout so it MIGHT feel like a different game.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
All the features u listed are good...they were in on ps2 days...
x2

These are all old features that are just now making it to next gen.

I actually remember more audible options on Madden 2002 tbo.

the game has actually gotten more simple and thats not my opinion....thats fact.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

more complex?

I wonder what the gamers who claim that Madden is too arcade and not sim enough think about this statement.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

I think it really has gotten about as complex as it needs to be. I don't think it should get any more complicated than it is.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Although I agree with the statement that the game has grown up over the past couple installments, with all the different audibles, smart routes, hot routes, etc., I don't think it's become too complex.

I honestly don't use hot routes that much unless I'm in a situation where I can visibly see a defensive weakness pre-play.

Smart-Route on the other hand I didn't even know existed, and while using it in the demo seems to be a function I will use a lot more than hot route.

Slide protection was in NCAA I believe as well, and I don't think I've ever used it. It's not that I don't understand why it's there, I just don't normally feel like there's a need to. Guess I should experiment with it more.

My thoughts are that if it's too complicated for you, then don't use these new features. The game isn't going to stop playing for you if you don't hot route and slide protect. It's an option, use it if you want.

Twitch Stream
Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
more complex?

I wonder what the gamers who claim that Madden is too arcade and not sim enough think about this statement.
I am sorry I did not make myself more clearer. Madden is too complex in the allowed amount of time to get everything adjusted for the play. Defense is just hopeless to make adjustments. You would to blaze through the buttons before the ball gets snapped

I think improvement on the A.I. would help use not have to make so many adjustments

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »