Home

IMMERSION" the wow factor"

This is a discussion on IMMERSION" the wow factor" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
IMMERSION" the wow factor"

First off i want to thank Ian and phil for the interaction they are doing with the community. Secondly, please do not blame Ian for whats going down in 09, he came in late on the development cycle, and alot has nothing to do with his control. I'll yell this to the mountian tops, that 2k5" set the standards in presentation and immersion for a football video game". One week left and we already have alot of speculation about the game and havent even played it yet. Madden looks good so far, but i really dont think that it will hold its wow factor for too long. "IMMERSION" is the key and thats whats going to hold the game for a long period of time. I really think that these titles should be BI-yearly and not every year. Especially what we are asking for in the game. 9-10 months is not enough time and just look at ncaa09..it seems to be rushed. THE motto for madden2010 should be IMMERSION!!! Especially now that they have someone from Head Coach working on franchine mode. Ian, the gameplay is wonderful and i have always though it was better then 2k's, but the immersion and presentation stinks in comparison to 2k. This is what the majority of us is waiting for. The same way that we watch the NFL on tv, is what we want to represent or video game fix. Again look at 2k5 and Allpro 2k8, 2k5-franchise and allpro-sideline interaction. If we have the pre-game, halftime and postgame shows, the cutscreens, refs on the field, sideline reports and the emotions of the game, it would be a done deal. Look at head coach!!! I dont know about some of u, but i like to get involved in the game i play. Cuss out the computer and throw my joystick..lol. Make the sidelines interactive and not that robot stuff we have every year..look at allpro2k8. I want madden to be the best football experience, but that have to step the game up. 2013 is awhile away, and i dont want to keep wishing that it hurries up and gets here...lol. IMMERSION, IMMERSION and more IMMERSION!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IMMERSION" the wow factor"

Not to be rude after that wall of text, but please if you're going to tell us to not speculate about the game, then don't speculate about the amount of immersion in the game that still isn't out. I think from the videos I've seen it is a huge step in the right way. Finally we have commentary and graphic overlays with depth charts and stats. I'm sure you want a halftime and pregame show. But honestly I just played the game, I know what happened. Lol
Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by faytes
Not to be rude after that wall of text
Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

lol right green94....Can a black man get a couple of paragraphs?..lol
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 14

IMMERSION. I'm not sure if I really agree, because, yeah...the game's not out yet. From what I've seen, it's definitely made some really good strides. And you know, I loved and still love 2k5's presentation, or its IMMERSION, but Madden really looks good and promising, and the early reviews that are coming out seem to reflect that.

Thanks again Ian and Phil. Been good to have you guys in the community answering questions and what not.

IMMERSION.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

at this point, the game is a no-buy for me. well... actually, I'll try to workout something where I trade in GTA 4 for madden or something (cause I never got into GTA).

the only thing that will POSSIBLY save madden is for me to see how the game plays in "hardcore" mode. cause I skip the madden IQ everytime I play the demo and i'm not sure what that difficulty is on.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea, I think there is a lot more immersion this year. I hope there are a lot of stat overlays this year. I know it won't be in but when a rookie scores his first touchdown it would be cool to mention it.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I posted this in another thread about the crowd, but I think it applies here as well. It would add a lot of immersion to the game

Quote:
The crowd improvement I would like to see wouldn’t be the looks, it would be the sound. I wish the crowd in Madden would actually act like they’re at an NFL game. You know, be quiet when your offense has the ball. Make noise when the other team has it, especially on 3rd downs and red zone situations. When the other team scores the stadium should go quiet.

There is always this constant mild cheering coming from the crowd that I wish they would take out of the game. If it’s 7 to 3 in the second quarter and your team is on the 40 yard line, that’s a pretty relaxed moment at an NFL game. There shouldn’t be a lot of noise from the crowd. If it’s 17 to 13 close to the end of the game, and the visitors are near the end zone, the place should be a madhouse.

One of the past NCAA games had it where the crowd would get louder as you got closer to the end zone on TD plays. That was awesome! I would love to see something like this: QB takes snap, and crowd is silent. QB throws a 40 yard bomb and as the ball is in the air, the crowd begins to stir. WR makes the ctach, and the crowd cheers like mad. Or of the pass was incomplete, the crowd would let out the collective, “Aaaww”.

This is similar to the FG net issue. It’s not really a game killer, but it does stand out when it’s not there. When it is there, it makes the experience much more realistic and authentic.

A good example IMO, is the FIFA series. The crowd IQ in FIFA is great. They boo if you go long periods without possession. They cheer long possession spells. They get excited and notice when a good shot just misses. They have specific team cheers (chants) programmed in. They even whistle towards ends of matches. The crowds in FIFA are about 95% accurate with a real human crowd. This would a nice little addition that would go a long way in building the presentation that everyone is looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »