Home

Overated and underated RBs in Madden

This is a discussion on Overated and underated RBs in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Overated and underated RBs in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
Underated - Ricky Williams, this dude fumbles too much lol
I think you meant overrated....
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks
LMAO @ AP's rating should be 97.. He's the most overrated player in the NFL already. I guess running behind the best o-line in the NFL and Chester Taylor not missing any steps when he was injured isn't evidence enough.
Saying Peterson is overrated is really silly. The only correct thing you said is he has a very good oline BUT did you forget he also had one of the worst QBs in the league. The Vikes had NO passing game to take the pressure off. So he saw 8 or 9 men in the box consistently. Peterson only had 238 carries and was second in the league in rushing with 1, 341 yds after Tomlinson who had 315. Oh yeah, he set a single game rushing record for the NFL his 8th game in against the freakin' Chargers by the way. To the original poster who said Taylor has no power I suggest you look at some game film.

Adrian Peterson overrated, please get a clue.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
Julius "Tackled for a loss" Jones is not underrated at all. He has no vision, no moves, and is not a very fast RB. Have fun, Seattle.
i agree. however, maybe he wasn't motivated in dallas since he had to split time with barber. not all guys like that situation. i remember before he was injured that he actually showed quite a bit of promise. we'll see, i guess.

regardless, i'd take felix over julius any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i agree. however, maybe he wasn't motivated in dallas since he had to split time with barber. not all guys like that situation. i remember before he was injured that he actually showed quite a bit of promise. we'll see, i guess.

regardless, i'd take felix over julius any day.
How do you know that Felix can even play at the NFL level? I think that guy is overrated...Though I agree that Jones wasn't the answer, I can't jump on the Felix Jones band wagon just yet (haha from one Jones to the next).
Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
Saying Peterson is overrated is really silly. The only correct thing you said is he has a very good oline BUT did you forget he also had one of the worst QBs in the league. The Vikes had NO passing game to take the pressure off. So he saw 8 or 9 men in the box consistently. Peterson only had 238 carries and was second in the league in rushing with 1, 341 yds after Tomlinson who had 315. Oh yeah, he set a single game rushing record for the NFL his 8th game in against the freakin' Chargers by the way. To the original poster who said Taylor has no power I suggest you look at some game film.

Adrian Peterson overrated, please get a clue.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Yeah I don't get all the AP hate, saying he's overrated and such. What he did on that team is amazing no matter what anyone says. Not to mention he missed a couple games with injury and he shared carried his first few games. That makes it even more impressive. If he's healthy he'll go for 2,000 rushing yards this season. Hell I'll say it now if healthy he'll set a new NFL rushing record. And to the dude who said he has no power, I have to ask, did you actually watch and Viking games last year or did you just read box scores?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #15
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

For the last time, it's AD, not AP.

His nickname is All Day, AD. He does not go by AP.

Sorry, this just kind of annoys me. Whenever people say AP I think they are talking about Allen Patrick, Adrian Peterson is AD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
For the last time, it's AD, not AP.

His nickname is All Day, AD. He does not go by AP.

Sorry, this just kind of annoys me. Whenever people say AP I think they are talking about Allen Patrick, Adrian Peterson is AD.
Thank you. This annoys the piss out of me. My brother says it all of the time too. It's AD. AP is for the Associated Press. Those who don't follow college football very closely tend to call him "AP". Adrian is All Day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »