Home

QB DROPBACKS Unrealistic!!

This is a discussion on QB DROPBACKS Unrealistic!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
QB DROPBACKS Unrealistic!!

I have noticed in previous games and 09, that the QB dropback is kinda off. U can dropback 10-15 yards and then throw a 50 yard pass, also on the run too. Can EA establish a 3-5-7 dropback sequence and have it more realistic, especially on the run from defenders. Again 2k5 did this well and maybe they need to look at that animation to see whats need to be improved. QB evade should be added as well, and give the player a opportunity to get away from the defender instead of rushing the pass or throwing it away, especially on rushes. What are the community thoughts on this? I have seen the animation and played the demo, so i have a idea of whats going on, do u agree or disagree? Thanks Ian and Phil for your interaction with the community!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: QB DROPBACKS Unrealistic!!

Agreed. The QB dropbacks are better than they were last year but they still need work.

I hate to continuously give credit to 2K on a Madden board, but they were strong in this area. Their dropback was designed so that you felt more secure in the pocket as opposed to sprinting 15 yards back or to the sidelines. Even as a sim gamer, it's hard not to drop back an excess amount of yards in Madden b/c the OL/DL interaction has been been so shotty.

EA/Tiburon also needs to place emphasis on the timing of the passing game. It's pretty much non existent now but is equally important to creating an authentic football game.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

You will not be able to drop 10-15 yards back and throw passes on the run effectively this year.

There are 3-5-7 step dropbacks. You can see the distance of the dropback on the playart. Its not as exaggerated, defined and rigid as 2k5's but its still there. Barely.

The dropback certainly needs to be improved, I agree on that.

I'd like to see directional pumpfakes for the right analog stick though.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

ea did make some progrssion on the qb dropback

it needs to be defined and more "timing based"

i still wanna know if ea will ever fix the people ho hike and run/slide to the outside to get a better angle to pass or keep running upfield if no one is open

when will the de's come off blocks when the qb leaves the pocket?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
it needs to be defined and more "timing based"
Exactly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #6
Strategy

OVR: 36

I feel like the drop back this year has made strides for the better. I'm judging this off of the demo only.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I hope this is changed in All pro mode this year. There is no excuse for it. It's almost like Madden doesn't want to ruin their little ESPN show with all those nerds wearing jersey's and playing cheese ball.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I hope this is changed in All pro mode this year. There is no excuse for it. It's almost like Madden doesn't want to ruin their little ESPN show with all those nerds wearing jersey's and playing cheese ball.
Judging from the demo, it has been changed slightly but not enough. We may see a more realistic drop back next year with Ian & Phil at the helm .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »