Home

Ryan Grant Madden 2008-2009

This is a discussion on Ryan Grant Madden 2008-2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ryan Grant Madden 2008-2009

Quote:
Steven Jackson < He hasnt been the same Steven Jackson for awhile. - might not be same jackson but still better then grant
Frank Gore < Frank had one good season. Same situation as Grant. - Just plan wrong, similar situation both had a good season, but gores good season was almost 2000 yards, and grant didnt even have 1000
Ronnie Brown < Injury prone, not that great of a line, but raw talent - In the games he played he was the best running back in the league man
Edgerrin James < 3 years ago sure, but not now - Lets see Grant Run behind that line
Clinton Portis < nope - I couldnt agree with you less on this one, he has been good for a few years and doenst even get all the carries
Laurence Maroney < nope. - I cant agree or disagree with you
Marshawn Lynch < nope. - I disagree, he gave you a full season of great play behind a worse line
Jamal Lewis < similar to Edge, 3-4 years ago yes. But not now. - I do agree with you here
I think that you have to take a look at some of these players and think about it.

Madden Cant make it so that a guy who plays 10 games is one of the top running backs in the game.

as for speed which i see was the original debate, 93 is perfect for him, means he can break some away, but he def isn't a speed back, so we have to have some room for those guys to be faster.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #18
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adqttr
I think that you have to take a look at some of these players and think about it.

Madden Cant make it so that a guy who plays 10 games is one of the top running backs in the game.

as for speed which i see was the original debate, 93 is perfect for him, means he can break some away, but he def isn't a speed back, so we have to have some room for those guys to be faster.
True, he isn't blazing fast. But can escape from a defense very quickly. I have the same question, does he feel fast? Is he a bruiser type player in madden? He runs with a reckless type style. Not shying from contact.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Matt Forte FTW

Old 08-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Matt Forte FTW

I hope Da Bears, utilize Garrett Wolfe more this season. In no way is he an every down back, but a complete change of pace. I loved watching Garret at NIU.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

the bears are screwed, none of there backs are every down backs, so they better get some good coaching and substitutions. Wolfe better learn how to block if he wants go get good minutes as a 3rd down back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
of course im gonna say that

why was grant BEHIND jacobs, ward, droughns, bradshaw?

grant was on the practice squad

you got some football learning to do, my young padawan
Wow so that's your rebuttal? And I have some football learning to do??? Typical Giants fan...
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #23
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

Sweet jesus, and here I thought there was nothing more annoying than a Cowboys fan. At least when this season is over and the Giants are a .500 team not in the playoff they'll shut up... maybe.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adqttr
haha I am sure that fact that u use the green bay symbol as your avatar means you are not a packers fan, but hopefully you can see clearly enough to see where i am coming from.

I am not saying the grant isn't a good back, and i am not saying he is terrible, but it seems like the person who started this thread (dun remember if it was you or not) wants him to be a top 10 HB in Madden. and sorry to burst your giant bubble, he is not proven that he should be yet. Grant is around the 20th back in the league.

I think ur crazy if you think his overall should be higher then any one of these guys:

LaDainian Tomlinson
Brian Westbrook
Steven Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Fred Taylor
Larry Johnson
Willie Parker
Frank Gore
Ronnie Brown
Edgerrin James
Maurice Jones-Drew
Clinton Portis
Joseph Addai
Willis McGahee
Laurence Maroney
Marshawn Lynch
Jamal Lewis

Please Let me know.

Grant is listed as 11th overall in FF just for your info...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »