Home

On-Line Leauges- Bad News

This is a discussion on On-Line Leauges- Bad News within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: On-Line Leauges- Bad News

Yet another area where 2K does what EA doesn't...

...with a game that's four years old.

It's amazing just how incompetent these guys at Tiburon are. Then again, who can blame them when the cash keeps rolling in, regardless of how good the product is. I mean, where's the incentive to get your game up to standards that were set 4 years ago when people keep buying your ***-backwards product?

I mean, the amazing league support is pretty much the only reason I'm still playing a ton of All Pro Football; without them, I'd probably have moved on to other games by now. With them, APF is my most-played 360 game of all time.

These leagues sound like they don't even have half as many features as NFL 2K5's leagues, and maybe a fourth of what All Pro Football 2K8's leagues have.

That's just completely inexcusable.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-08-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 9

I did a little research and the leagues should have player stats. You have to have the League set to Unique rosters=ON. With Unique rosters off, every guy in the league can have Tom Brady on their team. There's no way to track stats if you have 10 of the same guy.

This video on EA's website describes it.
http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...0onlineleagues

From the video, it's pretty clear that there are supposed to be player stats so either Pasta must have had unique rosters on, or the stats servers are currently down. The guy in the video specifically mentions player stats, says they don't carry over if you decide to reset and do another season with the same owners, and even shows screenshots.

Thus, as someone eluded to earlier, turn ON Unique Rosters and Player stats will be there. The rest of the stuff though is still pretty inexcusable. Surely there is some way to have an authentic 16 game season that replicates the NFL, or at least where a commish could make it into the NFL schedule.

Someone find an answer to the 32 teams = 32 games thing and I might be able to make this work.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39

Last edited by bgdave39; 08-08-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #27
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

That video definitely says that there will be stat tracking with unique rosters on so everyone can calm down it seems. The schedule thing is still pretty messed up though. It seems like common sense that you would have the NFL schedule.

Last edited by wishcoats; 08-08-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Um..I think it has to be on, not off to track stats, according to the video. This is verbatim:

"One thing to keep in mind is when this option is off, stats will not be tracked because there would be conflicting numbers"

Unique rosters is the very last section of that video. And thank you very much for posting that video.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #29
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

OK, so the stats thing might be fixed. Now the scheduling, another cluster****.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #30
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
OK, so the stats thing might be fixed. Now the scheduling, another cluster****.
pretty much. nice use of the word cluster****
Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #31
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

You know, I think EA has a detailed blueprint and gameplan for the next several years of Madden. So I think they purposely leave off features each year even though they know it will cause a ruckus, just so they can add it in the following year and then the marketing team works their magic touting the "newest feature".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Um..I think it has to be on, not off to track stats, according to the video. This is verbatim:

"One thing to keep in mind is when this option is off, stats will not be tracked because there would be conflicting numbers"

Unique rosters is the very last section of that video. And thank you very much for posting that video.
Yeah, sorry i typo'd that in my initital post and have since edited. I could see how Pasta may have been confused as that is kind of misleading. I would think the rosters are unique when you make your own roster. If i have a roster that was created by someone else, then that roster isnt unique at all because someone else did it!

So Unique rosters is kind of wordy, but that is definately the deal with there not being player stats. Now, quick someone repay me this favor and find a way to have a real schedule because this is an NFL game right? No NFL schedule? Perhaps you only get the option to have a real schedule when you have a 32 team league, afterall, you can't have a real schedule if there are only two user teams and no CPU teams.

*Crosses fingers*

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »