Home

This Needs to Bix Fixed EA

This is a discussion on This Needs to Bix Fixed EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
This Needs to Bix Fixed EA

Tom Brady is a great QB I agree, but just like everyone else EA is talking him up a little bit too much. I agree that Brady has a strong arm, but he is not 99 TP. This might not really be that a big of a deal, it's just more of me not being able to stand how everyone is all over the Pats all the time. However, it is hard to ignore that QBs like Favre, and Russell do not have 99 TP, when they can throw it much easier and with less effort than Brady. One again this is probably pointless to post, but I'm just venting.

Flame away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: This Needs to Bix Fixed EA

It probably has to do with TP = TA as it translates to the game. The more powerful the arm, the more accurate he is going to be when playing.

i.e. When you turn down QBA in NCAA, it lowers the power at which the QB throws the ball.

So for Brady to be as effective in game as IRL, they have to boost up his TP.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I see your point, but I think the real issue is a lack of depth in QB sliders (to truly differentiate between QB styles). I'd like to see tendency sliders for QB's to reflect propensity to throw deep, throw into coverage, dump off, etc...anyway, I get what your saying.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I see your point, but I think the real issue is a lack of depth in QB sliders (to truly differentiate between QB styles). I'd like to see tendency sliders for QB's to reflect propensity to throw deep, throw into coverage, dump off, etc...anyway, I get what your saying.
I'd really like to see that as well.....How cool would that be?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah that would be awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

One of the producers of the game addressed Brady's THP rating about a month ago:

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp

How Do I Rate Him? Tom Brady and 99 Throw Power
A lot of people started questioning mine and EA's sanity when Tom Brady showed up with the strongest arm in the game. A false belief that a lot of football fans carry when judging quarterbacks arm strength is that their arm strength stays the same from when they enter the NFL from college. If my D-League softball arm has gotten stronger from half assing it at a gym 1-3 times a week then imagine what a determined guy working with an NFL strength coach can do. It is obvious that Tom Bradys arm has gotten stronger since he entered the league. Another example is Drew Brees. He was known for having a weak arm out of college and didn't show much in San Diego to change that perception. But after his shoulder surgery rehab and going to New Orleans his arm was clearly stronger and he threw the ball deep more than any quarterback two seasons ago. He does not have the velocity that other quarterbacks have but can stretch the field with his arm strength when he has receivers that can stretch the field and did so many times during the 2006 season. JaMarcus Russell last year had the strongest arm in Madden last year at 99 Throw Power but Tom Brady consistently proved week after week during the season that his arm was the best as he frequently threw the ball 50+ yards. From what I hear Russell's arm is at the top, but it is something of a legend, as he has yet to prove it in an NFL game. And it's tough to get too pumped about these stories about how he can throw the ball 50 yards standing on his head, because I remember hearing something similar about Kyle Boller and I have yet to see him throw from his knee on Sunday. In addition the two former college quarterbacks that work at EA both believe Brady's arm is the strongest in the league. And there is nothing to think that he won't keep airing it out with Randy Moss back while Russell does not have a big time deep threat in Oakland. That being said if JaMarcus comes out there and starts breaking hands with fastballs, then he will get his due.

There are 2 examples that stick out in my mind as to why Tom Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL in addition to the Dolphins game.

Jets Game - This was an eye opening throw for me way back in week 1, this is where the 99 THP rating was born. I actually was laughing at high this throw was across the field 65 or so yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAEoz75a2k

Super Bowl - Some people might have brushed this aside because it was just a long incompletion the second to last play of the Super Bowl. The TV broadcast showed the ball a little better but the ball is on a line about 15-20 yards off the ground, across the field, around 70 yards in the air. There is no other QB in the league that can make this throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwyGW5j64DU
Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
One of the producers of the game addressed Brady's THP rating about a month ago:

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp

How Do I Rate Him? Tom Brady and 99 Throw Power
A lot of people started questioning mine and EA's sanity when Tom Brady showed up with the strongest arm in the game. A false belief that a lot of football fans carry when judging quarterbacks arm strength is that their arm strength stays the same from when they enter the NFL from college. If my D-League softball arm has gotten stronger from half assing it at a gym 1-3 times a week then imagine what a determined guy working with an NFL strength coach can do. It is obvious that Tom Bradys arm has gotten stronger since he entered the league. Another example is Drew Brees. He was known for having a weak arm out of college and didn't show much in San Diego to change that perception. But after his shoulder surgery rehab and going to New Orleans his arm was clearly stronger and he threw the ball deep more than any quarterback two seasons ago. He does not have the velocity that other quarterbacks have but can stretch the field with his arm strength when he has receivers that can stretch the field and did so many times during the 2006 season. JaMarcus Russell last year had the strongest arm in Madden last year at 99 Throw Power but Tom Brady consistently proved week after week during the season that his arm was the best as he frequently threw the ball 50+ yards. From what I hear Russell's arm is at the top, but it is something of a legend, as he has yet to prove it in an NFL game. And it's tough to get too pumped about these stories about how he can throw the ball 50 yards standing on his head, because I remember hearing something similar about Kyle Boller and I have yet to see him throw from his knee on Sunday. In addition the two former college quarterbacks that work at EA both believe Brady's arm is the strongest in the league. And there is nothing to think that he won't keep airing it out with Randy Moss back while Russell does not have a big time deep threat in Oakland. That being said if JaMarcus comes out there and starts breaking hands with fastballs, then he will get his due.

There are 2 examples that stick out in my mind as to why Tom Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL in addition to the Dolphins game.

Jets Game - This was an eye opening throw for me way back in week 1, this is where the 99 THP rating was born. I actually was laughing at high this throw was across the field 65 or so yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAEoz75a2k

Super Bowl - Some people might have brushed this aside because it was just a long incompletion the second to last play of the Super Bowl. The TV broadcast showed the ball a little better but the ball is on a line about 15-20 yards off the ground, across the field, around 70 yards in the air. There is no other QB in the league that can make this throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwyGW5j64DU

Those points are totally irrelevant. It doesn't matter that Russell hasn't played in many games yet. Regardless of game experience, he CAN STILL THROW THE BALL 80+. Whether or not EA has seen it in a game situation should not matter. Also if EA determines speed ratings on their 40 times, isn't that exactly the issue here? That's not an in game situation, yet they still use it. EA just loves NE too much, man I hate NE and that cocky loser Brady.

*This is all you need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saLKcfFiCJ0
Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

This should be the least of your concerns, and hopefully you can edit that ingame anyways to your liking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »