Home

Player progression is broken again!!!

This is a discussion on Player progression is broken again!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Player progression is broken again!!!

Does Madden have a potential rating like NBA 2K has?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Does Madden have a potential rating like NBA 2K has?
i think so but its hidden. The only time u see it is draft day. oh by the way it seems the computer created rookies progress fine. its just the real guys that there is a problem. I wish i had a digital cam so i could show u all the picks.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars3shot
I have spent the entire night simming and i am very pissed to find out progression is not right again this year. I am in year 10 and here are some interesting things.
d. russel is a n 86 still
mcfadden only got to 89 from 85 and he is having a hall of fame careerg
peterson is having the most ridiculous career ever and he has remained a 95

players that havnt moved: b. quinn, derek anderson, vince young, calvin johnson, roy williams, tony romo, marshawn lynch, gaines adams, aaron rodgers, drew brees, and a whole crapload of others.

brady and manning retired at 99 with no degression.

the only players i can tell have changed are mcfadden and brian brohm. i am sure others have but no one significant.

if i can get some feedback from others who have done the same. oh by the way, what game was ign playing when they simmed the careers of ryan, mcfadden, and flacco. those guys progressed and degressed at the end of thier careers. they havent done crap in my sims. i think this is horrible and i cant figure out why they would do this again.

hmm...weird all these post come up. but yet? still no pictures of the game. That should be a requirement from now on on these forums.

also, of course it would be broken. That's just karma for you getting it early. lol just had to one up everyone.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
This seems quite unusual.

I saw the simulated stats someone posted of the careers of Mcfadden, Ryan, Flacco and it was very realistic.

Maybe have a larger sample size, and multiple franchises, to see if player progression is actually broken.
IGN did those. I actually commented that i wonder what game they were playing. Those guys actually got better then they got worse as they got older. I have found NO proof that players lose ratings once they go up. if they go up. Like i said every top QB in my sims all retired at the same rating they first had. Though jarmarcus russel did gain 3 points in 10 years not 1. I forgot the original starting point. I am doing another sim without the downloaded roster and with NO modifications. Maybe that will help.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Unbelievable.

Keep feeding us crap EA.

YUM YUM YUM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
hmm...weird all these post come up. but yet? still no pictures of the game. That should be a requirement from now on on these forums.

also, of course it would be broken. That's just karma for you getting it early. lol just had to one up everyone.
And when u get it it will be broken to. If i had a cam i would show the pics. I have nothing to gain by posting faulty info. and i am asking poeple to verify that they are experiencing the same thing. Sim past 4 years though please.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I still don't see it honestly. The only thing that I have noticed is that players on the Raiders are getting worse but its not shown like positive jumps. Ex: guy gets better it shows (+3) guy gets worse it shows nothing.

Michael Bush has gone from 79 to a 77 but its not showing the negative drops.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #16
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Oh wonderful. Guess I'm going to edit Colt Brennan to 99 OVR and save myself the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »