Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken83oveR
Ok I have found yet another glitch. A 61 yard penalty that cost me the game.

I just got done playing a game and lost dew to a glitch that gave me a 61yard penalty. I was nearing my goal line , getting ready to score, when my fullback fumbled. When the guy who recovered was immediately tackled there was a face mask penalty (supposed to be 15 yards), which my opponent accepted. But it end up being alot more then 15-yards. Check out the screenshot. (the replay was not available or else I would of uploaded it)

As you can see, the game was pretty close, and stuff like this can decide a game.

this glitch happened to my friend when we were playing online except it was lik 95 yard penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #346
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
Franchise Mode
EA Generated Draft Classes

Problem: The Salaries for a #1 pick is terribly low. I drafted a QB with the first pick and his salary was 45mil with ONLY 15mil guaranteed... That's absolutely ridiculous. It happens in every draft.. I've done at least 15.

Priority: Very High

The franchise mode has so many broken pieces that it needs to be scrapped... Player evals for NCAA draft classes, salaries, CPU Draft selections, etc.

START OVER GUYS!

I just drafted a rb number one and his salary was 77mil with 24mil guaranteed.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ghost wide receivers all over the shop. The ball just sails through the body as if the Wide Receiver wasn't there.

That, along with players running out of boundsm, are really, really shameful glitches from a company that's been making these games 20 years
Old 08-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #348
Banned

OVR: 6

What is the workaround for the playcall freeze? I've heard that training players induces it, and I've also heard to not skip cutscenes quickly. I'd rather not hard reset my new PS3, since it probably isn't good for it.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've had several glitches on the PS3 version:

I haven't seen this one here yet though and I don't know if anyone else has had this happen either, but...

In the first year of a franchise mode you resign players to a 1 year contract so that they become free agents the next season, but the cap still reflects their entire salery. I'm not talking about cap penalties as there wouldn't be any in this instance, I didn't release them simply resigned them to shorter deals which they agreed on. I'm in year two now, have 30 players on my team and have a cap of over 120 mill. Again no cap penalties, no player releases that had bonuses, not even a player trade, even though this wouldn't result in cap problems any how... I just can't clear cap...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #350
Banned

OVR: 25

1. Timeouts: I've had at least eight games where I could not call a timeout when I had 1 or 2 left. I have lost games in franchise, online, ranked & unranked because of this.

2. Challenges: I have had at least five instances when they get the call right but the result is the same. Or they just don't make the right call...and I mean easy ones too. Clear fumbles, OOBs, catches, etc...
Old 08-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #351
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
I've been searching for posts about this since last night. I can't get training to work at all. I pick 3 players, advance, everything loads up fine. It shows the explanation screen for the training, I hit ok to start training and the pause screen comes up. I have resume or exit as an option, but the controller doesn't work at all. The buttons don't register, so I have to reset the system. This is the last game of pre-season. I simmed to the first game of the season and tried it again, same thing happened. WTF is going on?
That same think happened to me, but it happened before my first preseason game in the second year of my franchise. But only the quarterback challenge made it do that on mine, every other training exercise worked though. I just did training for other positions instead of QB that week, and the next week it worked fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #352
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't seen anything like this mentioned yet, but earlier I was playing a game as the Bears vs the CPU as the Packers. I punted the ball out of bounds at the packers 3 yrd line. The next play I decidied to send my lbs on a blitz. On that play Lance Briggs hit Rodgers in the endzone and Rodgers fumbled the ball and Tommy Harris recovered it for me in the endzone. Now this is where it gets screwy, cause the CPU challeneged the fumble. The review happens and the fumble is overturned. But instead of it being a saftey and making them punt the ball back, it gives the Packers the ball on thier 20 and a first and ten, like it was touchback. Im playing on the PS3, on myskill level, and it was a franchise game if any of that matters.

Last edited by sketch22; 09-01-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: i can't spell

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »