Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #369
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, didn't want to start a 3-post total thread.

Is it just the replay videos online, or do they players really look funny when they're running? I've been watching a lot of these videos people post and I was just curious if it looks better in game then the robotic movements I see around here.

Also, the players look like they have absolutely no momentum. You could be "sprinting" and just twirl the right stick around and I'd guess from the footage I've seen that they'd do a 360 in half a second. I bet they don't, but that's what it looks like.

Last edited by bakesalee; 09-05-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #370
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Besides the out of bounds issue,

Has anyone noticed that if the CPU running back has a clear shot to run, that he will make a perpendicular cut and hit a blocker. Its almost like the RB is acting as a defensive player. Its like he is attracted to a crowd.

I made this last night, it is the CPU running. Notice the wide open lane he has but what does he do? He takes a right turn into the crowd of defenders.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67

Has anyone noticed that if the CPU running back has a clear shot to run, that he will make a perpendicular cut and hit a blocker. Its almost like the RB is acting as a defensive player. Its like he is attracted to a crowd.

I made this last night, it is the CPU running. Notice the wide open lane he has but what does he do? He takes a right turn into the crowd of defenders.

SUCKS!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #372
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey just a quick question what happend to the we are watching you direct snapers thread? I looked through the forums and can't find it anywhere...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #373
Rookie

Well if and when a patch is released.

Does anybody know how are people like me, who don't have a cable modem and cannot connect to EA online supposed to DL?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #374
MVP

OVR: 10

This probably has been posted but search isnt working for me. In franchise after you finish offseason and start the next season, there are tons of 90s on free agents.

I think the cpu cuts their high contract to sign their rookies. Examples Ive seen is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Jayson Taylor, etc.

It makes no sense why the cpu would cut any of these guys. If youre a big franchise player, this is a big time glitch, just one of many in franchise mode.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Last edited by Angel_Fan; 09-06-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #375
Rookie

The last two games two weird things happened.
(1) I was defense, and opponent had it 1st & 10 inside their five. They made like a 15 yard completion, but there was a penalty to negate it. Instead of moving backwards half the distance to the goal, it gave me a safety.

(2) After a punt that I fair caught out of bounds at approximately my 25, it set me up for the ensuing offensive possession at my opponent's 30 yard line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #376
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67

although I would truly enjoy it if any Denver back would run with that level of stupidity, it is a huge error.

It actually forces me to take a poor angle of attack which is really the (potential) correct angle of attack.

I mean, follow your blockers. Yes. However EA, once there is a clearly established running lane most guys beyond pop-warner tend to do it on their own from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »