Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #41
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversIsMyHero
On a different note: Injuries seem to be happening way too much in my franchise games and I can't find an injury slider.
Speaking of injuries, does anyone know if the Injured Reserve bug is still in the game? If you don't know, when you put a player on IR it is supposed to free up a roster spot. You shouldn't have to cut anyone to IR someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversIsMyHero
Honestly I haven't seen any ghost juking. I'm not saying it's not there(because many others even devs have acknowleged it) but it hasn't happened to me in my 6 or so games in franchise.

On a different note: Injuries seem to be happening way too much in my franchise games and I can't find an injury slider.
I can confirm the ghost juking is in the game. I presently do not mind it because I am terrible at defense but as I get better, it's gonna suck.

Literally, the CPU receiver will be running up the sideline with lots of daylight ahead and will step out of bounds.

Or the slightest momentum of running to the sideline while catching a ball will result in the CPU receiver stepping out of bounds.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 16

Same problems as last year, just add some. Awesome.

And in actuality we are paying EA to be testers. We pay $60 so we can notice the bugs that were supposed to be already found, so maybe they can fix them this year. If not, there is always next year, but by then they think we will have forgotten and the same bugs will be present next year. Sweet. Something to look forward to/be familiar with.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #44
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

So has anyone addressed a solution to the myriad franchise glitches? Editing jersey # on imported rookies stops progression, editing current players stops progression (even is done BEFORE starting a franchise), scouting doesn't work, editing players causes draft info to say 'free agent', etc....etc....
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Welp, we now know the result of letting a game go gold a month before necessary. 50+ glitches found within hours.

Albeit, it's just the result I already expected.

(Guess that'll be another infraction, heh)

A non-beat-around-the-bush complaint around here seems to result in that. So for whoever hands me the next infraction please understand that I simply see no reason to repeat what 30 other people have already said, if that means an infraction, so be it. Ban me if you like, as you can tell from my join date and post count, all I do for the most part is lurk anyway.

Last edited by Poetique; 08-11-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Welp, we now know the result of letting a game go gold a month before necessary. 50+ glitches found within hours.
I dunno dude. This is a pretty good game. EA haters are gonna have to give the developers some credit on this one.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #47
Rookie

I posted this in the other thread but would like some discussion on it so here it is.

This is frustrating because it was a glitch in last years game and has not been addressed yet. It shouldn't be too hard to raise players salary demands with the cap going up.

Bug: Players demands for salaries never increase, but the cap goes up every year resulting in every team having 60+ million in cap room after 5 or 6 seasons.
Priority: Game Killer
Version: Xbox 360/PS3
Skill Level (if applicable): All
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Franchise progression is broken...AGAIN? ARE YOU SERIOUS EA?? DUHHHHHH FIRE TRUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »