Home

Franchise Still Broken

This is a discussion on Franchise Still Broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #33
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Franchise Still Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
What are you talking about exactly?

i forgot man..
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 52

Hey guys, in order to help us out, please remember if you are seeing bugs that you think are valid (i.e. you see them with your own eyes and they are detracting from your gameplay experience), post them over in the bug list thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...st-thread.html

Please use the bug template provided.

This way we can keep all of the bugs in one location and have our QA team working round the clock to reproduce them and see if we can catch them in house.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #35
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

The player progression thing is very strange considering IGN's sim results for Ryan, McFadden and Flacco were amazingly realistic. All of them reached the mid-to-low 90s with Ryan and Flacco both progressing over 10 total ratings points. McFadden was injured a lot and only progressed 6. All three of them then declined back to very near their original rookie ratings before retiring.

I guess they didn't provide any defensive player progressions, but the three offensive players they provided seemed completely realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #36
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2

So basically if I want to do a Franchise that I will enjoy, I should pick up Head Coach instead? Ugh...might as well get the Special Edition then.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #37
Rookie

phillycannon1720's Arena

OVR: 13

Franchise mode is one of those things EA just overlooks, its like in MLB 2k8, that franchise mode isnt very good either. Developers mainly look at head to head matchups or online play. EA is not the only guilty party, I've been a franchise guy for years, and Madden hasn't been up to par when it comes to Franchise mode.the 2K series although it had many other problems, had a great Frnachise mode,its a situation where you jus have to take what's given to you because there is no other choice.I'm going to still buy Madden, because it's the only way I can get my football fix.

Philadelphia Flyers

Philadelphia Phillies

Philadelphia 76ers
"Birds fly high"
Philly All Day
Follow me on Twitter @im2dopeforwords
Catch me on XBOX Live
Phillycannon170
I play Madden Call Of Duty and NBA 2K12
Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
The player progression thing is very strange considering IGN's sim results for Ryan, McFadden and Flacco were amazingly realistic. All of them reached the mid-to-low 90s with Ryan and Flacco both progressing over 10 total ratings points. McFadden was injured a lot and only progressed 6. All three of them then declined back to very near their original rookie ratings before retiring.

I guess they didn't provide any defensive player progressions, but the three offensive players they provided seemed completely realistic.
But you forget - if you believe the IGN article than of course you can't complain and that hinders alot of peoples enjoyment.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #39
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycannon1720
Franchise mode is one of those things EA just overlooks, its like in MLB 2k8, that franchise mode isnt very good either. Developers mainly look at head to head matchups or online play. EA is not the only guilty party, I've been a franchise guy for years, and Madden hasn't been up to par when it comes to Franchise mode.the 2K series although it had many other problems, had a great Frnachise mode,its a situation where you jus have to take what's given to you because there is no other choice.I'm going to still buy Madden, because it's the only way I can get my football fix.
BINGO! AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE! If only there were another way for me to play with my saints. Don't worry EA. My money is coming.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #40
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusion
Also the Chad and TJ thing has to do with their morales also. And i for sure know Chads is low as hell, He hates the Bengals.
Personally, I'd like to see stuff like this taken out of games. It's pretty silly to me, but is there to sound cool as a selling point, but ultimately it screws up the game as you get further into the franchise.

I never recalled all these silly issues when playing franchises on Madden back in the days of '98, '99, and the early PS2. As a matter of fact, I remember on Madden 2001 seeing Troy Aikman's rating drop down in the low 80's before he finally retired.

Last edited by stoncold32; 08-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »