Home

What Hapened To all the Madden Sites?

This is a discussion on What Hapened To all the Madden Sites? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: What Hapened To all the Madden Sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is nothing anything of us can do to change the past. As CB has said above, we have a new development team in place to hang our hat on. Personally, I'd like to see what the new leadership team can do before making any preliminary decisions, don't you agree?
i do agree but my hiopes arent high

if the game is "making progress" towards what we what i feel that isnt enough.

if the game isnt what the developers want i HOPE they are honest and everyone doesnt waste 60 bucks to have ian say "wait till next year"
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
i do agree but my hiopes arent high

if the game isnt what the developers want i HOPE they are honest and everyone doesnt waste 60 bucks to have ian say "wait till next year"
so you expect it to make a dramatic overhaul from last year to this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I agree with most of what you said, except the line quoted above. I don't feel we should have real high expectations because then most of us will be let down if something doesn't make it in the game. As I stated earlier, everyone wants different things in 10. Not everything suggested will make it in the game.

Yes, there is a lot to improve upon, but I don't think it can be accomplished in less than a year, although, I could be surprised.

Making progress to me would be representing as close to NFL football as possible. It doesn't have to be perfect , just close enough to be 3rd and inches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #36
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with most of what you said, except the line quoted above. I don't feel we should have real high expectations because then most of us will be let down if something doesn't make it in the game. As I stated earlier, everyone wants different things in 10. Not everything suggested will make it in the game.

Yes, there is a lot to improve upon, but I don't think it can be accomplished in less than a year, although, I could be surprised.

Making progress to me would be representing as close to NFL football as possible. It doesn't have to be perfect , just close enough to be 3rd and inches.
I honestly think this is where some people get derailed. There are many viewing it from the standpoint, "It was in 2K5 or last gen Madden, there's no excuse." While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I think logistic are an issue. For all the 2K fans, remember it was a process. 2K5 was the result of 5 years of tweaking the same formula. Now many of these same people think Madden is not only bad, but has the wrong formula. Yet, the expectation is that they release the ultimate football experience. How can they possibly meet your needs?

I think we have to be looking at this from a more logical perspective. I will be expecting major improvement accross the board in Madden 2010. Does that mean it will have even close to eveything I want...no. I do not expect it to exceed the long favored last gen football titles from 2005. I just don't see them doing everything we want in one cycle.

To be honest, I think I'd personally prefer that they pick a focus or two and hammer it home rather than try to make 2010 everything we want it to be. I may still not buy it even if they do that, but if I could see that kind of dedicated improvement it would indicate to me we're really moving forward. Unfortunately for Ian, I don't see 2010 ending well for him. I just see he expectation from some here and I know what the reaction will be come August.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I run a Madden site. I am not in it for money but mainly to talk about the game and whats happening in football. There are still quite a few sites out there but as was stated they are all trying to sell something. Anyway, if anyone is interested feel free to check it. Link in my signature
Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #38
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

The game fell off harder than Pervis Ellison and for the most part the hardcore gamers on those sites moved on since there wasn't anything worth talking about.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I honestly think this is where some people get derailed. There are many viewing it from the standpoint, "It was in 2K5 or last gen Madden, there's no excuse." While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I think logistic are an issue. For all the 2K fans, remember it was a process. 2K5 was the result of 5 years of tweaking the same formula. Now many of these same people think Madden is not only bad, but has the wrong formula. Yet, the expectation is that they release the ultimate football experience. How can they possibly meet your needs?

I think we have to be looking at this from a more logical perspective. I will be expecting major improvement accross the board in Madden 2010. Does that mean it will have even close to eveything I want...no. I do not expect it to exceed the long favored last gen football titles from 2005. I just don't see them doing everything we want in one cycle.

To be honest, I think I'd personally prefer that they pick a focus or two and hammer it home rather than try to make 2010 everything we want it to be. I may still not buy it even if they do that, but if I could see that kind of dedicated improvement it would indicate to me we're really moving forward. Unfortunately for Ian, I don't see 2010 ending well for him. I just see he expectation from some here and I know what the reaction will be come August.
the entire madden engine is broken.
im sure Ian will try to build & correct whats wrong with madden but how can you build a skyscraper when the 1st 2 levels are deteroating??

scrap everything and start anew.
i also believe ian KNOWS that he doesnt have much time to fix this as the exclusive license is fading fast.

madden has been stale for the last 5 years due to NO competetion.....im sure we all agree about that, but what does that say when you plunk down 60 bucks when you KNOW the game hasnt changed or what does it say when you are expecting "progress" year in & year out only to have the same results??

the time for me is past, they will NEVER get me to buy another madden again. as i said ill rent then buy used if i like it.

i demand more 5 cycles into this gen game. there is NO EXCUSE. blame the p[revious regime, but unless theres a true overhaul and/or fix the game to make it sim why even hold out hope? whenj ian KNOWS that the game isnt what he wants he will tell us (once again) "wait until next year". i dont buy into that crap anymore. I WANT IT NOW and if you cant provide it now then scrap this years game and work on a 2 year cycle.
dont release a $60 beta for me to play for a full year. to then release another beta for 2011 and tell me "wait till next year" again.

and i clearly recall ian saying "madden 2009 is the best madden ever" before it released.
to me i already mastered it within 2 quarters of play and was bored within 2 full games as NOTHING EVER CHANGES. you played madden 2001, 2002, 2006 etc you played them all.

it isnt like the engine/game is tried & true and only tweaks need to be made each year/cycle. the game has been flawed and doesnt provide a sim experience

Last edited by DonRSD; 12-05-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #40
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
to me i already mastered it within 2 quarters of play and was bored within 2 full games as NOTHING EVER CHANGES. you played madden 2001, 2002, 2006 etc you played them all.
Do you really expect it to change every year? The game of football has largely remained the same for the past twenty years (which, coincidentally, is the length of time which Madden has existed).

I'd like to see some key fundamental changes to the gameplay as well, but is the game (and that's the keyword - game) really as bad as you make it out to be? If it were, I doubt Madden would be among the best-selling games year after year.

Debates of realism aside, Madden is a fun game. Does it have potential to be a better game? Certainly, but it's nowhere near as bad as you make it seem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »