Old 08-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PS3 or 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I wouldn't read too much into that man.
lol

Yeah I know, but there isnt much else to go on.... and pretty much everyone is saying they are the same. (Or bare minimum VERY close) Not like last year.

So the free on line, and less chance of RRoD is what has me leaning towards the PS3 version.

Does anyone know, will there be trophies for the PS3 version?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #34
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Well, I bought the 360 version which I think is slightly better since it was made for it and ported to the PS3. The ball rotation, replay problems, and a few more jaggies is all I could see different with the demo. I would have rather bought the PS3 version, and I almost did this morning. I only have Xbox Live Silver right now, and I don't have the wireless thing for my 360 which is across the house from my cable and network router. When I want to hook up to the internet with my 360, I have to reconfigure my Airport Express (which I use to stream music to my DAC and Receiver) to act as a relay to my network. Plus, I never have had any problems with my PS3, but I am on my third 360.

I ended up renting the PS3 version at Blockbuster (had a free coupon). I will try it out first before I open my 360 version. I kinda wanted the CE version with Head Coach, but Toys R Us didn't have it. I probably wouldn't play it much anyway. I got a $10 gift card and a free McFarlane Toys Brett Favre figure too. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Beats Gamestop.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #35
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWareMan9
I am also on the fence about this...

SO I bought the PS3 version collectors edition this morning (They only had 2 left, versus 6 for the 360, and I figured it would be easier to exchange if I changed my mind)

Then I read this:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/06/...n-ps3-and-360/

I am still undecided.... but I am leaning towards the PS3 version.
Man, just listen to Phil Frazier. What a bunch of corporate spin. He's obviously a Marketing guy who's good at shining the exterior and NOT a game guy concerned with depth of quality.

Just listening to that guy sell Madden tells you all you need to know about why the "product" is in the tank...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #36
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Well, I bought the 360 version which I think is slightly better since it was made for it and ported to the PS3. The ball rotation, replay problems, and a few more jaggies is all I could see different with the demo. I would have rather bought the PS3 version, and I almost did this morning. I only have Xbox Live Silver right now, and I don't have the wireless thing for my 360 which is across the house from my cable and network router. When I want to hook up to the internet with my 360, I have to reconfigure my Airport Express (which I use to stream music to my DAC and Receiver) to act as a relay to my network. Plus, I never have had any problems with my PS3, but I am on my third 360.

I ended up renting the PS3 version at Blockbuster (had a free coupon). I will try it out first before I open my 360 version. I kinda wanted the CE version with Head Coach, but Toys R Us didn't have it. I probably wouldn't play it much anyway. I got a $10 gift card and a free McFarlane Toys Brett Favre figure too. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Beats Gamestop.

Actually PS3 was lead this year (prob since porting to the 360 is easier) than vice versa.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
Actually PS3 was lead this year (prob since porting to the 360 is easier) than vice versa.
Really?

Wow I didn't know that.

I still haven't opened my PS3 version, cause I cant decide.

My 360 is also not near my internet connection....

While my PS3 has the wireless.

Decisions decisions.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #38
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWareMan9
Really?

Wow I didn't know that.

I still haven't opened my PS3 version, cause I cant decide.

My 360 is also not near my internet connection....

While my PS3 has the wireless.

Decisions decisions.
Take a look at my review. If getting online all the time is important to you since your 360 is not near the internet connection, just buy the PS3 version. I have both right now, and they are both very good. You can hardly tell a difference at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #39
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
I ended up writing a review on the two versions after playing both. I keep hearing different things regarding where it was developed. Do you have any links? Just curious. They must have fixed some things like the ball rotating on replay on the 360 after it was ported over from the PS3 if that was indeed the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »