Home

Madden '09 Collector's Edition

This is a discussion on Madden '09 Collector's Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden '09 Collector's Edition

I am getting it i have played the first one and it was pretty bad. This one looks way better lets say this is more like there last strike. I like the idea of football management if they let me down this time i probably won't get another head coach game made by them for at least a few years. The videos really have made it good and the devs them self said they crapped the old game stuff and redid it all in there own idea. So i have high hopes.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm excited to see how all the teams play and if they really do play towards their actual counterpart. I want to see Tom Brady just kill you with Welker and Gaffney, and then kill you deep with Moss. They said they made all the offenses and defenses play like they do in real life and I'm pumped for that
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has there been any sort of announcement or user post on what exactly is included in the CE? I know of Head Coach and Madden '93, but have been trying to find out what other content comes with it. All I have been able to find is the vague "bonus video content" description. For example, I really liked the in-game commentary that was on the Madden 2005 CE. I'm not sure if Head Coach would appeal to me too much, but I am a big retro fan. This is a small thing, but I was wondering if the 09 CE has special loading screens that the 2005 CE did, which detailed milestones made in past Madden games. I know it is a very small feature, but it was one that I did enjoy.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

I think this year, NFL HC is worth $60 bones in the CE and Madden 09 is only worth $30 bones. EA just happen to slap the Madden title on the box to make it look like NFL HC is the bonus. But in reality, it is Madden 09 that is the bonus.

Honestly, I hated the idea that I have to wait for 3 weeks before I can buy the standalone version of NFL HC. I could care less about Madden 09.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2

The more I read about Head Coach, the more excited I get over this game. Now if I can ban Jessica Simpson from the Cowboys stadium, then this would officially be the greatest game ever!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm getting the CE simply because of all the actual people who are saying HC is good. I don't put much stock into reviews, but I'm a big franchise guy too (hell in Madden I play like one game a season, sim or supersim the rest just so i can draft etc, the franchise mode in Madden will be NOTHING compared to what I'm reading). If it's still bad despite all the forum testimonials and things, I'll probably never try and get it again until I rent it or play a friend's.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Dprimetime21's Arena

OVR: 6

Definetly goin to get the Ce! i think its well worth it cause your gettin two great games plus the retro game. ? about head coach. are u able to import draft classes like madden?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

for anyone who got it early, is head coach working getting the CE?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »