Home

has anybody ever dealt with wal mart for a midnight release?

This is a discussion on has anybody ever dealt with wal mart for a midnight release? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #17
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: has anybody ever dealt with wal mart for a midnight release?

I called the local WallyWorld last week to ask them about it. They told me they are doing a midnight release and that the first 17 people get a free t-shirt.

I asked her if they'd have the Collector's Edition and she said they have no idea what they'll get.

It's about a 10-15 minute drive to my wal-mart, so I think I'm going to leave at 11 or so. I want a t-shirt... hahaha.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

I was just at my Wal-Mart earlier today, and they had a huge, but empty display set up in the electronics department. So I'm assuming they will be putting it out at midnight.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
LOL, I went to Wal-Mart at midnight for MLB 08: The Show. LOL, I was the only one there and they had to go in the back to get it out for me.
every release even madden is like that for me around my parts. its quite sad. its a hassle too considering i have to hunt someone down.

but for the majority im guessing its not like that at all. itll be an easy wait in line and buy.

OP, do you know your city well?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a heads up for anyone planning to get this game from Wal-Mart. I would suggest getting there a little early. The store I work at got 64 copies of the regular edition for the 360 and only 2 copies of the Collector's Edition.

I was shocked when I saw we only received 2 copies of the CE and I'm not sure if other Wal-Marts are going to be the same way or not.

Also they are supposed to pass out a free T-Shirt between 11:30-11:45 to the first 12 or 15 people who are in line.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #21
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Apathy
Just a heads up for anyone planning to get this game from Wal-Mart. I would suggest getting there a little early. The store I work at got 64 copies of the regular edition for the 360 and only 2 copies of the Collector's Edition.

I was shocked when I saw we only received 2 copies of the CE and I'm not sure if other Wal-Marts are going to be the same way or not.

Also they are supposed to pass out a free T-Shirt between 11:30-11:45 to the first 12 or 15 people who are in line.
Just got back from wal-mart, and you could hear a pin drop. I dont live in a very small city, but they had ordered 75 copies, and sold five. they even threw a tournament, had 6 people including myself join it, and yours truly came in 2nd. I got a madden 09 lunch bag, a t-shirt, a mini football and $10 off my copy, which i already had reserved over at gamestop. Yeah i know, why didnt i go over and get my money back at GS? The nerdy little creep wouldnt give me my money back...so i just bought a copy for my ds..lol...it rocks.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

wow the wal mart i went to was much more crowded than i ever thought it would. there were about 50 people there to get the game. they had plenty of all copies of the game. also they had free t-shirts to go with the game but i was not high enough in line to get one.

the line moved slow and took me about 45 minutes to get my copy, but all in all it was worth it just to see everyone so pumped to go home and play as they walked out.

also very funny on the way out. there is a mcdonalds at the entrance to the store and pretty much everyone who bought the game was stopping there to order a bunch of food for the all night play sessions that awaited them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »