Home

**Official Online Leagues Q&A Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official Online Leagues Q&A Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
**Official Online Leagues Q&A Thread**

PLEASE READ!

This thread is to ask questions about Madden NFL 09's Online Leagues. This is NOT a discussion thread. Come in, ask your question, and wait for your answer. We WILL NOT have you insulting the people who come in here and answer your questions.

The things that were going on in that other thread was downright disgusting. To think that some of you are over the age of 18 and behave like an 11 year old is just freakin' sad. Grow the **** up!

Here are the rules of the thread:

You may ONLY POST QUESTIONS in this thread. Ryan will come in and answer them as quickly as he can. Anyone who posts anything other than a question about Online Leagues will have their post deleted and their Madden Forum posting privileges removed.

We're here to find out the in's and out's of Madden's Online Leagues. We are not here to debate the decisions that were made regarding the game's league structure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: **Official Online Leagues Q&A Thread**

When should we be able to use http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/leagues to view our leagues?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Would the EA team ever consider implementing an online franchise similar to the single player franchise through Downloadable Content in Madden 09 as opposed to patching it in as some ppl are suggesting?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Have you guys talked to the NCAA guys about how they added in Online Dynasty and is there any talk about adding Online Franchise in a future version of Madden?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just an Idea before I ask:

If you have 32 teams, why do you not create more than 1 league? You can create your own division and the winners could go into another league... Dont see it as much of a problem.

As for the question:

Will there be any chance to see the league and stats on the internet? ie easportsworld?

Markus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I copied and pasted this from the other thread but now I lost the page so Im unable to link the user id but...

I was interested in his take and wondered if it would be possible to manipulate the software to produce the results in this post?

Quote:
Hi Ryan,
This idea was brought up above - I thought I'd put it in list format to make it easier to answer. Can you answer whether this idea would work or not?

---

I had a brainstorm that may work for the Madden online league...
What we know...
There is full stat tracking if you set Unique Teams to ON
There are no divisions/conferences - just 32 teams
You cannot play a 16 week schedule - you set the number of games each team should play against each other and the total number of games is equal to the number of teams in the league TIMES the number of games you choose. (EX) for a 32 team league, if you choose 3 games, you would have a 93 game schedule. However, these games can be played in any order, with the team that challenges being designated as the home team
Here's my idea...
We knew ahead of time that we would have to keep track of the standings ourselves. What we didn't know is the schedule issue. However, if we just choose to handle the playoffs separate from the regular season (i.e. create a new league), we should be able to make this work.

Here's how...
Set up a 32 team league
Set the number of games for each team to play against each other team to 3 - this would be 2, but according to PastaPadre, you can only choose odd numbers up to 11 (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11). It needs to be at least 2 for divisional matchups
Post the schedule you will play somewhere online - in our league's case, it would be the real NFL schedule and we would post it in our forums
Play all games in the league in order like we normally would if we were playing through League Daddy. Our league plays in order one week at a time, but flex schedule leagues should work too
Keep track of the standings in your forums. We will be keeping track of them like the real NFL, with all the real divisions and conferences
Once the entire 17 week schedule, use your own standings that are kept outside of the game to determine the playoff teams and seedings
Create a new 12-team "playoff" league, including all teams that qualify. Set that league up to play each team once.
Keep track of the playoff tree in the forums and play the games in order the same way we played the regular season, except we use our new playoff league
On the surface, it seems to me like this would work...can you see anything in my logic that would prevent this from working? We'd need to test this of course once we got the game...
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Madden Development Lead

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I copied and pasted this from the other thread but now I lost the page so Im unable to link the user id but...

I was interested in his take and wondered if it would be possible to manipulate the software to produce the results in this post?
Yes, this would all work. You could use the league feature as a vehicle for your roster changes. As long as you tracked everything manually, you'd be fine.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
Madden Development Lead

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic2904
Just an Idea before I ask:

If you have 32 teams, why do you not create more than 1 league? You can create your own division and the winners could go into another league... Dont see it as much of a problem.

As for the question:

Will there be any chance to see the league and stats on the internet? ie easportsworld?

Markus
This is something we are looking into. I can't promise anything, but we are looking into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »