Home

For everyone going out tonight

This is a discussion on For everyone going out tonight within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: For everyone going out tonight

Im going to get there at about 11:50, I waited in line for 2+ hours for The Dark Knight and that was the first and last time I wait in a long line for anything. They cant sell it until midnight so I have nothing to gain by getting there sooner, its completely paid off and waiting for me so no biggie.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2

I got the Collectors Edition preordered and already paid in full. So I plan on taking off in about 10mins, and reaching my local Gamecrazy by midnight, walk right in, and pick it up.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

All three Gamestops near me are closed and not opening until tomorrow. No midnight madden release for me. Unless Blockbuster or Super Walmart are selling it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I play on leaving around midnight or a little earlier.

But I have to say, I really feel bad for any of you men/boys who are worried about things like if "the girls" will see you.

Put some faith in who you are as a person, and ignore what anyone else thinks. Especially when it's something trivial like if a girl would see you standing in line at midnight.

Just remember, the more you are worried about trivial matters like that, the less time you're focused on things that matter. Like reading, and educating yourself about history.

Girls and Madden are hobbies, and the second they become a negative more than a positive, you need to go do something else until you are more rational.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #13
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
I play on leaving around midnight or a little earlier.

But I have to say, I really feel bad for any of you men/boys who are worried about things like if "the girls" will see you.

Put some faith in who you are as a person, and ignore what anyone else thinks. Especially when it's something trivial like if a girl would see you standing in line at midnight.

Just remember, the more you are worried about trivial matters like that, the less time you're focused on things that matter. Like reading, and educating yourself about history.

Girls and Madden are hobbies, and the second they become a negative more than a positive, you need to go do something else until you are more rational.
Dr. Phil peruses the OS boards!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaos c
For those of us who actually have normal lives ( kids, DA WIFE and work) we will be picking up the game this weekend which would be the only time I will have time to play. I picked up NCAA at midnight release and ended up sleeping in the garage, the wife didnt fall for that one very well she couldnt grasp I was going to a video game store and buying a game at that time of night.
See now these type of posts are terrible. Your "normal" life? Just because your wife isn't understanding of your video game hobby it isn't "normal" to go get it at midnight?

I personally feel posts like these should receive infractions.

Or maybe I should get one for questioning the superiority of this guy with the "normal" life.

At least you don't let your wife boss you around.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Dr. Phil peruses the OS boards!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
See now these type of posts are terrible. Your "normal" life? Just because your wife isn't understanding of your video game hobby it isn't "normal" to go get it at midnight?

I personally feel posts like these should receive infractions.

Or maybe I should get one for questioning the superiority of this guy with the "normal" life.

At least you don't let your wife boss you around.
Good point. If you do not have a relationship where you can make that type of action provided you have enough money to justify the expense, then you have issues in your relationship that you need to work on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »