Home

PS2 impressions?

This is a discussion on PS2 impressions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #25
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: PS2 impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I WAS looking forward to going out and picking up the PS2 version again this year, until I read this thread...

I came up with sliders and a sim engine fix that worked almost exactly for the '07 and '08 versions b/c they were essentially the same game...

'08 played slightly better, IMO...

But from what I've read this is pretty much just the same game AGAIN!!!

Since the Next Gen version is FINALLY gettting some positve reviews, I just might have to drop the $$$ and make the switch...

UGH...

Thanks for the input guys...at least I can ride the forums for a few more days and make my decision intellegently...
i don't know man the next-gen systems have their own problems related to franchise mode.

i wouldn't be opposed to adjusting the sliders but from what i understand they reset after every season, so you gotta go back and change them every year...no thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18

EA sports dont care about last gen i mean you guys should know that by now. Its common sense. I would go for madden pc if i were you guys. Im not sure but there has been a rumor of ea bringing back madden 09 to the pcnot sure if its true.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just simmed a season and I noticed a few improvements. Most RBs still had ridiculous numbers but Mojo Drew and Fred Taylor had an almost realistic season, Taylor gaining around 500 yards and MoJo gaining about 1100. And the QB stats are much better. Brady was 31-7, Manning 31-17. Some tweaks were made I guess.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
Are you and CPU still forced to use the vision cone on the All-Madden level?

In the ps2 version the QB vision cone IS OPTIONAL on the All Madden Level. I just played a game on all madden w/o that controversial cone.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

I played a game using the sliders I found on these forums and they worked perfectly...weird thing was Patriots beat Chiefs like 54-7 but it seemed like they got a lot of turnovers and such. Anywho, after getting this game (and reading the IGN review of PS2 version concurring with everything we said)....I feel like the jump to next generation is coming up. I got a HDTV that I'm using as a monitor that also has cable and got that single HDMI slot left and I may use it for my gaming. We shall see but I think there are some minor adjustments in the gameplay (I like that falling sideline catch where the reciever makes sure they get both feet inbounds) that will make it enjoyable.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
EA sports dont care about last gen i mean you guys should know that by now. Its common sense. I would go for madden pc if i were you guys. Im not sure but there has been a rumor of ea bringing back madden 09 to the pcnot sure if its true.
The thing that really irks me is that someone asked on of the EA reps of the last gen versions were just going to get a half assed version with a roster update or if EA was actually putting effort into the last gen versions, and the rep said they were very much still focused on making last gen as good as it can be.

After playing Madden 2009, I can say that the people at EA are either stupid or they are liars, because 2009 is basically the same exact game as 2008 with some new interfaces.

I didnt buy it, my friend did, and he isnt really happy either, and he isnt nearly as hardcore of a football fan I am.

I wouldnt be so mad if EA came right out and said they didnt care about last gen, but they told a bold faced lie, yet again, and delivered a minimal effort on last gen Madden 09.

And even worse, from what Ive heard, Madden 09 on next gen isnt much better than Madden 08 next gen. This after hyping the game up to extraordinary levels.

I guess Ill just give up on playing a quality football sim anytime soon. People complain about Madden every year, yet go and buy it the second it hits the shelf, giving ******** reasons like "Its the only football sim out there, so deal with it". Its that type of reasoning why Madden will never take the next step, because people are content on settling for mediocrity, and as long as EA knows they can get away with it, they will keep doing it.

Oh well.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #31
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
The thing that really irks me is that someone asked on of the EA reps of the last gen versions were just going to get a half assed version with a roster update or if EA was actually putting effort into the last gen versions, and the rep said they were very much still focused on making last gen as good as it can be.

After playing Madden 2009, I can say that the people at EA are either stupid or they are liars, because 2009 is basically the same exact game as 2008 with some new interfaces.

I didnt buy it, my friend did, and he isnt really happy either, and he isnt nearly as hardcore of a football fan I am.

I wouldnt be so mad if EA came right out and said they didnt care about last gen, but they told a bold faced lie, yet again, and delivered a minimal effort on last gen Madden 09.

And even worse, from what Ive heard, Madden 09 on next gen isnt much better than Madden 08 next gen. This after hyping the game up to extraordinary levels.

I guess Ill just give up on playing a quality football sim anytime soon. People complain about Madden every year, yet go and buy it the second it hits the shelf, giving ******** reasons like "Its the only football sim out there, so deal with it". Its that type of reasoning why Madden will never take the next step, because people are content on settling for mediocrity, and as long as EA knows they can get away with it, they will keep doing it.

Oh well.
well i bought the ps2 version, and honestly it's not worth a dime. i will be taking it back ASAP. it's unfortunate that these sorry efforts are killing gaming for me. i'm just worn out from playing all these crap games from EA year after year.

i really didn't miss madden last year and i'm sure i'll be over it again in a couple of weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #32
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

So, it's basically the same as 08 except with updated rosters and an optonal QB vision? That sounds good to me. I liked 08.

I'll probably get this tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »