Home

If you haven't purchased yet... BUY THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!!

This is a discussion on If you haven't purchased yet... BUY THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If you haven't purchased yet... BUY THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!!

If HC plays that great I may consider getting the CE. This way I can play HC while I wait for the cpu sliders to be put back into Madden next month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by manooly
In the Head Coach game can you watch the cpu vs cpu games? I like to simply either just coach a game or watch the computer play itself once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love to play Madden also but coaching is more fun for me. Do you call all of the plays and let the players play them out? Is the view from the sidelines? Any details would be great. I just may have to purchase the Collector's Edition if I can watch cpu vs cpu games or actually coach games without actually controlling the players. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly
Yes you can actually call the plays and watch them
unfold cpu vs. cpu. The game engine is Madden 08, with gameplay tweaks. You can also supersim the games if you want but I don't see the fun in that.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

HC is the greatest football SIM franchise ever.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #28
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
If HC plays that great I may consider getting the CE. This way I can play HC while I wait for the cpu sliders to be put back into Madden next month.
Dont hold your breath... that's a big fix... not something that can just be added back in via patch. And, as far as I know, no one said it would be.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Dont hold your breath... that's a big fix... not something that can just be added back in via patch. And, as far as I know, no one said it would be.
They did say they are looking to add it via one of the patches or free DLC.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskAir
Are there achievements in HC? (Just curious...I'm 1. Not an achievement whore, 2. Getting the CE regardless)
Yes
Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

For any of you interested, I found what I believe is the best deal on Madden 09 and/or Madden 09 CE. Locally, which is in Oregon, you get the official Madden 09 Strategy Guide with the purchase of either the PS3 or XBox 360 version of Madden 09 or Madden 09 CE. As most of you know, that is $19.99 value. This is available at Fred Meyer's and I believe Krogers which is their parent company. I just picked up my CE and the strategy guide this a.m.

Last edited by jafo56; 08-12-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #32
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I've got to agree with the OP that the CE deal is excellent this year...with one important condition: You have to like Madden. What I mean is, given the questions surrounding certain aspects of the game, I'm hesitant to flat out buy Madden for myself. My wife picked up my rental from blockbuster (an even better deal if you already use gamepass) and I'll play through it a bit this weekend. I've played some head to head at my pals house last night, and it seems solid...I just need to see if I like solo franchise play. Anyway, sorry for the narrative! The point is that if you're already leaning towards buying Madden and are remotely interested in HC, the CE would seem like a pretty good buy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »